Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glorfindeal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
I've not been able to get the wireless drivers to install. The dell ones that the wiki points to complain that the supported hardware is not present. Anyone find a way to install the drivers?

Thanks,

Glor

glorfindeal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Anyone by chance know what wireless chipset the 20" iMac uses? I'm assuming it is one of the intel chip sets. If I can figure this out, I may beable to go to intel's website and locate the appropriate driver.

Thanks,

Glor

Compufix

macrumors regular
May 7, 2002
PA
You don't install the drivers. You extract the drivers to a spot on the HD, then you go into the device manager and select yoour wireless device and UPDATE the drivers, then point it to that folder.

-Compufix

glorfindeal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Compufix said:
You don't install the drivers. You extract the drivers to a spot on the HD, then you go into the device manager and select yoour wireless device and UPDATE the drivers, then point it to that folder.

-Compufix

What device do I select? A wireless device is not present in the device manager. Also, which file do I select when I browse for the driver?

Thanks,

Glor

Compufix

macrumors regular
May 7, 2002
PA
You need to look in the unrecognized area of device manager, look at the properites of each device until you find the wireless device, right click on it and select UPDATE drivers, then point it at the folder that was extracted from the driver dowanload. The OK button should likght up. That should do it.

-Compufix

glorfindeal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
See if you can find one that has broadcom in the properties. This should be it. On mine, it was the second one down.

Glor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.