20" iMac G5's now available at... Costco?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rworne, Feb 20, 2006.

1. rworne macrumors 6502

FYI:

Visiting Costco today and was surprised by a stack of iMac G5's in the computer section. There wasn't much of a price break: $1479 or so, but it included a 3-year Applecare in the box - that's worth $169.00.

For the locals: Seen at Costco in Northridge, CA (Tampa store)

2. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    oooo was it the intel one? good, I'm glad costco decided to start selling macs. I'll probally buy my next one there :D

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Ummmm... G5 would imply that it used a G5 processor, yes? Not the Intel?

4. ncook06 macrumors regular

However, Costco has wonderful customer service and the price break would be great. Hopefully it will provide a new wholesale market in which to buy my future Macs

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wow, interesting for them to start with that model. Costco caters to a good demographic chunk. Good for them, good for Apple. :)

6. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I think he was asking if they had Intel ones too more so then if it was a Intel one (lets give him the benefit of the doubt).

7. slagonnee macrumors member

Costco has sold iMacs in the past. A friend bought a G3 iMac (Rev A/Bondi Blue?) many years ago.

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i also saw the older g3 imacs in costco back in the day, but after that i only saw ipods and ipod add ons there in the past couple of years or so...but the costco near me is one of the smaller ones

it's funny how something can be in costco for a few weeks or months and never be seen again

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

GASP! :shocked: I am so tempted... the iSight G5s?!

10. rworne thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what they looked like to me. The price is only slightly cheaper than the Apple store, you just save $20 and have a free Applecare thrown in the deal.

And to answer a previous post, no Intel. Costco probably got a good deal on closeout G5's and took a load of them off of Apple's hands. The only other Apple products they had were Black Nanos and a White 30GB iPod w/video.

11. cmwoodall macrumors newbie

Chandler, AZ location has these as well.... probably about 20-25 units in stock as of this afternoon.

12. generik macrumors 601

generik

I noticed Nanos are getting discounted on Amazon too, perhaps they know something we don't and the Nano is revving up for an update this coming 30th anniversary? :rolleyes:

13. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I don't know about that... Apple just released the 1GB Nano. I would like to see something new though, as much as I love my Mini, an update to the Nano or a new version would be nice.

14. raythepa macrumors member

also seen in Winchester, VA, ~ 15 iMacs G5 w/ iSight

15. zathras macrumors member

zathras

Huntsville, AL Costco has them also - My dad just called to tell me about it...