20" iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Paul S, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Paul S macrumors regular

Oct 17, 2006
    I just bought a 20" iMac Core 2 Duo from macconnection.com $1494 - $100 MIR + $0 shipping = $1394 total. I thought it was a great deal. I originally ordered from Amazon, but they only had a $75 MIR, and their "free shipping" would have taken 2-3 weeks. :mad: The order from macconnection ships out today.

Definately would recommend macconnection.com, as they have excellent customer service and great pricing. Can't wait to get the iMac.
  2. scamit macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2006
    Congrats, I am thinking of doing the same as soon as I go to North Carolina, probably in a couple of weeks. I can also get the student discount from Apple, but on top of that, I have to pay tax, therefore, the Maconnection price with rebate and no tax is a better deal. Hopefully the rebate does come in on time. I was deciding between the 17" and 20", as I really do not need the extra screen real estate, but I decided to go with the 20" anyways as I have read the 20" screen is superior to the 17" and is more inline with Apples Cinema displays. Is that true?

3. Paul S thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 17, 2006
    I'm not sure about the Apple Cinema, but I checked out the 17" and 20" at a local store and I thought that 20" was definately worth the extra $$. It'll be much nicer for movies and just everyday use. I've talked to a few owners that regretted getting the 17" over the 20".
  4. scamit macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2006
    Well the specs on Apples website do show the 20 inch to be brighter and have a better contrast level.

17" brightness is rated at 250 cd/m and 500:1 contrast ratio
    20" brightness is rated at 280 cd/m and 800:1 contrast ratio