20 inch cinema display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by hnd, Dec 9, 2004.

1. hnd macrumors newbie

I recently purchased the 20 inch cinema display and tried about 3 graphic cards, and it's still not powering up my display. I'm beginning to think that the display is defective...

I just purchase the ATI Radeon 9800 PRO and it's not working.

Can you guys please advise me the correct graphic card that will power this lovely display with my PC?

Thanks!

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Any DVI card will power it. Sounds like you got a dud display.

3. hnd thread starter macrumors newbie

darn it! Dud? Does that mean a defective display?

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yes ;)

5. hnd thread starter macrumors newbie

Son of a gun! Ever since I started touching an apple product, which is wanting the 23 inch, then upgraded to 30 inch, bought about 50 graphic cards to power it with a PC...ended up just buy a G5 with the correct graphic cad, then turn out the screen is awesome, but it was just too big... I got dizzy using it, then returned it with the g5... now with a 20 inch for a pc... and still not working... why? I dont think me and apple are compatible... hehehe...

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

hmmmm....hadn't noticed the bit about you using on a PC. It should still work though...

7. Red G5 macrumors newbie

Give it a while to boot - wait until the disk stops accessing.

You won't see the bios or boot screens, only when Windows starts at full res will you see anything.

8. hnd thread starter macrumors newbie

nope, nothing... I see the bios screen with my 30 inch, and why not the 20 inch? I am taking back the 20 inch right now as we speak.