20' or 23' (or 24' ;) ) ACD's

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by vendettabass, Jan 6, 2007.

1. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

hey guys, I decided I shall be buying an apple display after MW for my macbook. I do like my big displays, but wanted have more opinion on which would be suitable for my needs. My workload includes using:
    Safari
    Mail
    iCal
    Stickies
    Adium
    Java program (thats a few windows)
    MS office apps.
    Handbrake

Is there anyone here using the 20' ACD for any programming? do you think Spaces in Leopard will effect productivity enough to opt for 20'.

I'm sure I'll also be looking into HD video during 2007, so do you think the 23' is more future proof in terms of HD material (with its 1920 x 1200 res)?

(no dell recommendations plz - I use HE student discount and 24' Dell's are more expensive than the ACD's)

2. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Since Leopard will sport resolution independence, it is very likely, that the resolutions will be bumped a notch, and the 20" will have 1920x1200. I don't know what the 24" will have by then (I'm ready to bet my left nut it's a 24"), but definitely not 2500x1600.

I myself am planning to buy one of the new 20" ACD's. I hope they will have HDMI, as that is basically DVI+audio. There is also a slight chance of built-in iSights.

I want HDMI because it for me would double as a TV for my upcoming Zephyr Xbox 360 and Santa Rosa MBP.:D

Spaces is gonna serve you well. In you example I would create four spaces. One for Mail, iCal, Adium etc. One for Safari and stcikies. One for Handbrake and Office, and the last one for your Java stuff. This would be great on a 1920x1200 20" ACD.;)

Go for it!

3. vendettabass thread starter macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

whoah sounds ace that does, 1920 x 1200 on a 20' display.. at the 20' pricepoint would serve me excellently (although I wish the macbook's graphics could support reso. larger than that!)

Just hope I dont have to wait around too long for one! This 13' screens gonna' be painful come the new semester!

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

With resolution independance... i guess that means my iMacs 1680x1050 will be obsolete. That is kind of annoying because I love high resolutions.