Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks for the pics. Can anyone see any major differences between this and the rev A? I'm not quite observant enough to pick up on anything. :(

yvovandoorn

macrumors regular
May 2, 2005
Amsterdam, NL
well here is the rev A

iMac_v3_nude.jpg

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Etrain said:
They look different, but I don't know whats what. :)
Yeah, something does look a little different.. The uhh silver thing with the square.
I'm so helpful.

MACANNO:
Nice iMac!! :D
*totally not jealous...*

a little off topic, but I LOVE that table and chair set! So awesome!

and I see you got the bluetooth mouse and keyboard.. awesome!! :D :D
Man... I need either another free mac or a job and not go to vienna during march...

Hmm.. a new mac or a trip to europe, haha

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Etrain said:
They look different, but I don't know whats what. :)

Well, you can see the different graphics cards (I think that's what it is - near the top and kind of in the middle) and I'm pretty sure the RAM is laid out slightly differently but that might just be me.

macanno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2005
noel4r said:
Well, I asked this numerous times already but can you confirm if the screen spanning hack works on this revision?

could you fill me in with more details about that "screen spanning hack"? :)

macanno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
.....a little off topic, but I LOVE that table and chair set! So awesome! ......Hmm.. a new mac or a trip to europe, haha

hi katie,

that set is Air Table and Air Chair by Jasper Morrison, my top pick with my very limited budget :p

now that my iMac G5 is here, implying my planned dive trips in South East Asia this year could only be dreams next year.....

enjoy your Vienna or iMac! :p

steve88

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2005
The fan ducting on the revB looks totally different. Unless you just cant see it in the 17" revA.

noel4r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Los Angeles

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
The fans exhaust on the right of the picture is different then the rev A's. Also, it appears that the ram is angled the other way. i'll go back and check each now and see if anything else is different.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Looking at the two side by side, there is a lot different. The two fans have different shaped vents, the airport card slot is moved. Seems like everything is shifted down, but that could be because the original is a 17'' and the new one is a 20".

Attachments

• iMac_v3_nude.jpg
    iMac_v3_nude.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 94
  • rev B.jpg
    rev B.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 144

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
wwooden said:
Looking at the two side by side, there is a lot different. The two fans have different shaped vents, the airport card slot is moved. Seems like everything is shifted down, but that could be because the original is a 17'' and the new one is a 20".

Don't compare 17" with 20" they are pretty different on the inside. The RevA 17" is almost identical on the inside at the RevB 17" and the same applies with the 20" models. I have a RevA 20" and I can say that it looks nearly the same as the RevB 20", except mine doesn't have a built in airport card, it has a slot for one. Fan, ducts, heatsink, everything looks similar to the old stuff. The fan looks a bit different, and the positioning of capacitors and such is a little different.

macanno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2005
wwooden said:

found a pic of old 20" iMac here

10000000000001B80000014ADC6CFA73.png

compare with Rev.B
attachment.php

NEW: sorry for the mistake, this should be the correct old 20", am quite certain this time coz the RAM modules of 17" are flipping inward while those of 20" flip outward
44_05.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.