$200 off a new Mac Pro

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Aug 10, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: Deals and Coupons
    Link: $200 off a new Mac Pro
    Description:: Looking to buy a new Mac Pro? Why not save yourself $200 and put it toward some more RAM? Right now, MacMall is offering rebates of $100, $150, and $200 on the 2.0GHz, 2.6GHz, and 3.0GHz Mac Pros. They will also throw in a free (after rebate) Samsung laser printer.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors member

Be prepared

To fight for your rebates from MacMall. It took me 3 months and multiple phone calls to a "sales supervisor" to get my rebates after purchasing a G5 with "a free nano & printer" (after rebates). :mad: They might be better now, but I'm definitely not the only one who has had problems with them and rebates.

3. macrumors regular

BOOMBA

Can't be as bad as a Tiger Direct rebate.

It's easier to get a free iPod or PSPS from those online survey places.

4. macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I had problems getting a rebate from them from a CRT Monitor. This was about 5 years ago though so my guess is they have improved things.

I've had a rebate off a product last year through Tiger Direct and didn't have any problems.

5. macrumors 6502a

Rebates in general are a pain

Rebates in general are a pain. I'm working on 5 months now waiting for a rebate on a Belkin UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). A couple of years ago I had to call another company three times over two months just to get to someone who could tell me my rebate status. "Instant rebates" may be a marketing ploy to sound more important than just putting things "on sale" but I'll take that over a mail-in rebate any day of the week now.

6. macrumors 6502

IMHO the only Mac-related rebates that are worth it are through Amazon. They take a good month or so to come, but you don't mail anything in and its setup in like 5 mins.