$200 off a new Mac Pro

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Aug 10, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003

Category: Deals and Coupons
    Link: $200 off a new Mac Pro
    Description:: Looking to buy a new Mac Pro? Why not save yourself $200 and put it toward some more RAM? Right now, MacMall is offering rebates of $100, $150, and $200 on the 2.0GHz, 2.6GHz, and 3.0GHz Mac Pros. They will also throw in a free (after rebate) Samsung laser printer.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug
  2. macrumors member

Jun 17, 2003
    Be prepared

To fight for your rebates from MacMall. It took me 3 months and multiple phone calls to a "sales supervisor" to get my rebates after purchasing a G5 with "a free nano & printer" (after rebates). :mad: They might be better now, but I'm definitely not the only one who has had problems with them and rebates.
  3. macrumors regular

Dec 27, 2001
    Can't be as bad as a Tiger Direct rebate.

It's easier to get a free iPod or PSPS from those online survey places.
  4. macrumors 65816

Jan 14, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I had problems getting a rebate from them from a CRT Monitor. This was about 5 years ago though so my guess is they have improved things.

I've had a rebate off a product last year through Tiger Direct and didn't have any problems.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jul 20, 2004
    Rebates in general are a pain

Rebates in general are a pain. I'm working on 5 months now waiting for a rebate on a Belkin UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). A couple of years ago I had to call another company three times over two months just to get to someone who could tell me my rebate status. "Instant rebates" may be a marketing ploy to sound more important than just putting things "on sale" but I'll take that over a mail-in rebate any day of the week now.
  6. macrumors 6502

Apr 18, 2004
    IMHO the only Mac-related rebates that are worth it are through Amazon. They take a good month or so to come, but you don't mail anything in and its setup in like 5 mins.