2004 RNC speeches available free at iTMS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacBytes, Sep 1, 2004.

1. MacBytes macrumors bot

2. webplummer macrumors member

3. mechamac macrumors regular

heh heh

Didn't someone on these forums swear up & down "Liberal Steve will never put speeches from the RNC on iTunes"? Funny.

4. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

Get over it. I like it. I'm a Democrat, but it's nice seeing it up there. Get over it.

5. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

6. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Like Steve himself said last week, not every Mac user is a Democrat (even though that might be a shock to some people), it's probably about 50/50. Since they posted the Democratic Convention speeches, it's only natural they'd post the Republican ones.

7. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I think it is great. Now undecideds can listen to them all at their own convenience and finally decide. Not all of us can watch the conventions live so this helps a lot.

8. Rocket Rion macrumors regular

John McCain and Arnold gave terrific speeches last night. Deal with it.

9. Macnotxp macrumors newbie

10. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I have to say I enjoyed Arnie's speech. Very pro-American and with such choice quotes as "Don't be economic girly men!"

11. TomSmithMacEd macrumors 6502

I dont' like any political party, but if they put up these two, they should put some speeches from 3rd parties. I want to hear some Nader, Backarat stuff on iTMS

12. GaelDesign macrumors member

Awesome, now people can hear both sides of the story equally. I'm glad Apple's remaining neutral, as it should.

13. dashiel macrumors 6502a

yep i'm really glad they did this too (a. to shut up the whiners who immediately upon the posting of the DNC speeches accused apple of being biased and b. the GOP site is atrocious in terms of nav/usability and actually finding the vids/speeches).

14. jbembe macrumors 6502a

I agree.

But, I would say that Arnold saying that America will "terminate" terrorism makes for a funny soundbite.

Edit: yeah, I was one of the DNC whiners. Glad to see this. :D

15. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

Okay, I'm like Ron Reagan (the son) and I'm VERY Liberal and independent and here's my thoughts on this:

1. This is fair, I don't think it would be a good idea to be unfaur and then have Apple in a political hole to crawl themselves out of.
    2. Ahnold's speach was very good, I enjoyed it very much and McCain, who I really respect, gave a very pompous speach in my opinion. It just isn't what I expected from him. It felt like he was attacking liberals (see Moore sound bite, which none the less was funny to watch b/c of Moore's reaction).
    3. I am still voting for Kerry if for no other reason, environmental policy

p.s. Let's keep this thread clean b/c I don't want someone to shut it down later, so please let's be civil EVERYONE, conservatives AND liberals.

16. balconycollapse macrumors regular

It is fantastic to have speeches available in this way as a public service. Very convienent for those on the go. I hope that in the future CSPAN/NPR/Public Television make a deal with Apple to offer historic speeches of our times as a complementary download.

Sorry, but Arnold rehashing trite catch phrases is a pretty good example of the drivel used to win over the minds of empty headed individuals, and will surely not go down as a shining moment in our cultures oratory lexicon.

17. webplummer macrumors member

I just threw up in my mouth a little... I mean, it's important that both sides are equally represented and people can get a hold of their stated positions.

I actually find it atrocious that the major networks aren't carrying more of the conventions. Three hours? Pathetic.

No wonder there are so many freaking undecideds. They can't get any information. Though, I would counter that if they haven't decided on a candidate yet, they haven't been paying attention, made no effort, don't deserve to vote anyway.

That being said, I agree with an earlier poster who'd like the other parties' nomination speeches posted. It's only fair. Those are the guys it's actually difficult to decide on due to lack of access.

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Personally, I dislike both sides (not that i would vote for Nader :eek:), but it's good to see Apple not playing favorites. I remember a lot of people making comments about how Apple would never have the Conservative speeches after the Liberal speeches were posted, and I'm glad to see this shutting them up. :p

19. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

Well, I guess the important question is, will you vote? cause that's all that really matters . . . I guess.

20. qurlau macrumors newbie

What about the explicit tags?

Where are the [EXPLICIT] tags that iTunes normally places on such content?

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I am registering to vote.

I suppose I'll vote for Kerry, simply because I'm am disappointed in Bush and his administration, and hope Kerry's would be better. I don't dislike Kerry, don't really know much about him, but that's the problem. He seems to be playing to people who dislike Bush. What little I do know, I don't hate and unfortunetly that's enough.

I know, that sounds pretty glib. Mostly because it is.

22. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Why not? Ask the average American, and I think they'll tell you they want to hear both sides, not just the Democrats or Republicans by themselves. It pays to be informed.

23. MrCalifornia macrumors newbie

DNC Speeches Link

The link from the old article on MacMinute to the DNC speeches doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone know how to get a link to this playlist? It's hard to find them all by searching.

24. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Did a search for Democratic Convention:

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Edit: okay, it works now.