2004 WWDC broadcasted in Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mklos, Jun 26, 2004.

1. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Has anyone found out if this years keynote address will be broadcasted in Apple Stores this year? Also does anyone know if it will be broadcasted via satellite?

I know one person said that it will not be broadcasted when they called their local Apple Store, but then called back and a different person said they didn't know. So I guess its kinda up in the air?

If Apple isn't going to broadcast it in any way, that absolutely ridiculous! I mean the auditorium is absolutely 100% full so its not like people are not spending the money for the keynote and just staying home. I don't have broadband so even if it was broadcasted via QuickTime I still couldn't watch it.

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I don't think they'd broadcast it as it's happening, but they usually do record it so you can watch it on the internet :).

JOD8FY

3. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

was there ever a reason given to as to why its not being broadcasted? I really want to go and watch it. guess we'll just have to wait. :(

4. DeadEye686 macrumors member

In years past it has been broadcasted live over the Internet and at Apple stores. While there are no indications that this one will be, I would find it surprising if it isn't. Hopefully they just want to spring it on us :p

5. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

it will be broadcast via sattallite to select stores

6. mklos thread starter macrumors 68000

mklos

Are you absolutely sure? If true, I have a C-Band Dish that I usually watch it on and I can play around and pick that signal up. I'll just have to do a little more playing around since Apple hasn't released the coordinates. Now you got me all excited! I really hope your right!

7. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I don't think anyone will be able to watch it. It's not being broadcasted! Hopefully someone in the crowd will have a PowerBook, DV cam and Quicktime Broadcaster :p

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I remember, back when WWDC 2003 was coming up, that Apple suddenly revealed that they were broadcasting the keynote the day before, sometime in the afternoon. If I were you, I'd keep an eye on this site and the ADC WWDC page for updates until the event begins tomorrow. That's what I'm going to do.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I just got off the phone with someone at the CambridgeSide Galleria Apple Store. "My understanding is that they are not going to broadcast. No!" :mad: :(

10. mms macrumors 6502a

They don't let people in the audience record the keynote, much less broadcast it.

http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/faq/#anchor7

11. mklos thread starter macrumors 68000

mklos