2005: The Year of... Green? And Canada Store woes

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by chameeeleon, Jan 12, 2005.

1. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

I've just realized something major:

Apple has entirely changed their colour scheme for 2005. Forget 2004 being the 20th anniversary of the Mac - it was really "The Year of Blue". The Airport Express and iMac were both displayed on the Apple website and in their (small) ad campaigns against a blue background (which also served as the AE's packaging colour. Well what did Apple REALLY spend the last few months doing? Picking out a new colour! That's why they didn't have time to put a screen on the iPod shuffle (although I'm buying one anyways, lol). I hereby announce 2005 "The Year of Green". It's all over the iPod shuffle packaging and promotion page, and even iLife '05 with it's whole garden thing (of which I am not a fan).

In other news, has anyone in Canada been able to get through to the store? I get a server error message whenever I try both yesterday and today. And I NEED the reassurance of iLife and iWork (which has a SERIOUS edu discount price under "Special Offers") and my fricking iPod shuffle that I'd assured myself I wasn't going to buy and yet am now. It's the hypnoticness of the green.

2. chameeeleon thread starter macrumors 6502

This is going to sound wierd - I went out on a limb and tried the site with Internet Explorer, where it went through fine.

3. stcanard macrumors 65816

stcanard

Yesterday, couldn't get near the store. Today's been no problem in Camino.

But I've found a lot of sites being slow today (shouldn't take my 5 minutes to load the front page of http://appleturns.com), so maybe there's some major MS worm destroying the internet again.