2006-2007 NCAA Basketball Season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by stubeeef, Jun 24, 2006.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Let the Cr@p talk'n begin.
    Let me give an example....:p

and
    I am hopefull this year! But here are some quotes about HOPE from the Shawshank Redemption

&
    &
    Lets start the season now please!!
    Put your hopes here, and good luck!

2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I'm eager for the start of a new college basketball season, too. UCONN has lower expectations, but I think they could make a pretty deep run again.

Can you believe we have to sit through this fraud of a college football season first? With its bowl games nobody cares about and its ridiculously irrelevant regular season? Its "Well, you went undefeated, but you didn't start high enough in our August polls, so, you can't play for the championship" bravado?

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ya too bad half the team jumped ship to the NBA, the NCAA needs to make a rule that you can't defect to the NBA until after graduation.

4. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

March Madness is the ultimate championship. The weakness being the bid process of course, but that doesn't normally effect the true contenders.

By MM next year I will certainly have the 110" proj home theater in place, lord help me, and of course my wife and kidz!:p

5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Ya talking after UNC won the NCAA? They lost all the talent, save a few that stepped up, but man the incoming class is Killa. Or where you refering to UConn?

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

The NCAA can't do jack. Only the NBA can...

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Im sure its true for many schools.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The BCS is the biggest joke of a playoff system, Unless of course you count a Hockey season that lasts well into June or an NBA season that takes 2 weeks to complete 7 games.:rolleyes:

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

But a top 5 recruiting class and AJ Price ... UCONN'll be OK. Not the dominant team most are used to, but good enough to go the Sweet 16 I think.

It'll be interesting to see if Florida is "for real" (I know, I know -- they won a championship). They return everyone, including an either emergent -- or hot as heck -- Joakim Noah.

:eek:

So ... MR get-together for rounds one and two at stubeef's house?

10. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb

not to rain on anyone's parade....
    but it is June.

March is still 9 months away?

11. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

But the season is only roughly 4 months away. It doesn't sound as if you belong here!;)

Heels, Roy'nBoyz are gonna rock this year gang, anything less than sweet 16 will be shameful. (yes I'm on record) I will give excuses for 2 or more players that get hurt for the season.

12. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

13. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

Dc

Looks like Georgetown has been picked as a pre-season top10 team. Hopefully Maryland will regain their form this year. With George Mason in the Final Four last year and GWU making the tournament, I hope that it's a fun year for DC Basketball.

14. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

College football has not even started yet. Basketball can wait.:D

15. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

stu - you know I love these threads ... but at the same time maybe its a bit early. Then again, the cub's season sadly seems like its over ( not mathematically, I just don't see the spark) so it might be the time to focus on college bball.

I never like to count my team out, but it won't have its best year.

Want a name to watch? Jamar Smith, he's a ridiculous young shooter, and his release is amongst the quickest I've seen in a basketball game. Illinois loses its best two players and its starting "seniors" aren't really the best players on the court. We have one shooting guard who's bound to lose his job by big ten play in rich mcbride, a point guard controversy of sorts with two sophomore point guards, plenty of big guys but probably not enouhg moves for the big guys (shaun pruitt). Our recruiting is finally looking good again (we have one if not the top shooting guard for the 2007 class and he's trying to bring as much talent as he can). Will the season be as fun as a year ago, probably not, but I will probably enjoy it as my last from the student perspectice.

The tourney was not as fun as past years, I saw an apparent lack of talent and "good basketball" that is usually present in march. Hopefully that was a one time thing.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

17. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

128 teams is madness. Why not just have all 327 Division I teams through to the post season. :rolleyes:

Hope Stanford makes it back to the big dance, no matter how many teams are there. They should be a top four team in the Pac-10, probably. Depends on how Los Lopez develop and control the paint, and how the Mitch Johnson/Anthony Goods backcourt does.

18. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

The MVC of this year? I'm liking what I'm seeing out of the Mountain West. Should make for an interesting and exciting season.

Link

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Its time to dig this thread out of the basement, this is the pre season Top 25...

Week 1 ESPN/USA Today Poll
    1. Florida (30) 0-0 772
    2. North Carolina 0-0 728
    3. Kansas 0-0 714
    4. Ohio State (1) 0-0 595
    5. Pittsburgh 0-0 583
    5. UCLA 0-0 583
    7. LSU 0-0 556
    8. Georgetown 0-0 538
    9. Wisconsin 0-0 530
    10. Arizona 0-0 478
    11. Duke 0-0 477
    12. Alabama 0-0 420
    13. Texas A&M 0-0 335
    14. Memphis 0-0 328
    15. Boston College 0-0 284
    16. Washington 0-0 240
    17. Marquette 0-0 203
    18. Connecticut 0-0 200
    19. Texas 0-0 172
    20. Syracuse 0-0 138
    21. Georgia Tech 0-0 137
    22. Kentucky 0-0 119
    23. Creighton 0-0 113
    24. Tennessee 0-0 106
    25. Nevada 0-0 101

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Connecticut freshman center Hasheem Thabeet has been declared eligible by the NCAA to play this season, the school announced Wednesday.

Thabeet, a 7-foot-3 center from Tanzania, had been seeking a ruling from the NCAA on whether he met some core curriculum requirements.

21. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

There probably are a bunch of BB fans who are wondering why and how Memphis, who lost three of their leading scorers and rebounders (Williams, Washington and Carney) from last year, get a #14 national ranking to start off the 06-07 season?

It's obviously very early, but their first exhibition game against LeMoyne Owens was a 113-63 romp with Sophomore Robert Dozier leading the way with 22 pts. The team is smaller, but loaded with athleticism and talent.

In addition to raising the bar for academic standards, another tribute to what Calipari has brought to Memphis is his recruiting quality players from out of the region. Chris Douglas-Roberts, a 6' 6" F is a Sophomore from Detroit, MI and there are high hopes he, along with Dozier, Dorsey, Hunt, Anderson, Kemp, Allen and TreVon Willis will be coachable and hungry enough to step up and play bigger than they are. Some folks believe that will be the case, thus the #14 ranking.

Attached Files:

22. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Derrick Rose is set to announce his choice of schools today ... considered the top PG in the 2007 class. He is choosing between Indiana, Memphis and Illinois.

I hope he picks Illinois ... I don't think its likely I see memphis being the leader right now but I have no opinion to back that up before he makes his official announcement later today.

My personal opinion is that he doesn't want to be on team with EJ. I hate EJ. More than I hate lots of people.

23. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Looks like he's going with Memphis.