Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngraysva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
mars
have a 2006 aluminum 15 inch macbook pro NON-unibody......just added 4GB ram and also a brand new 500GB hard drive.. partitioned the drive, put the 10.5 leopard in and installed, when i boot up, i still get frozen on the infamous blue screen. takes about 10 minutes to get past it.......

ALSO, i tried to upgrade to snow leopard, and every time i try it, it says that install failed...

any help would save my brain!! :mad:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
2006 Aluminum Macbook Pro HATES me

have a 2006 aluminum 15 inch macbook pro NON-unibody......just added 4GB ram and also a brand new 500GB hard drive.. partitioned the drive, put the 10.5 leopard in and installed, when i boot up, i still get frozen on the infamous blue screen. takes about 10 minutes to get past it.......

ALSO, i tried to upgrade to snow leopard, and every time i try it, it says that install failed...

any help would save my brain!! :mad:
Computers, unlike users, don't get emotional. Your MBP doesn't hate you. You said you're trying to upgrade to Snow Leopard. Where did you get the install disc that you're using? I'm sure it says more than "install failed". What is the exact text of the error message?

ngraysva

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
mars
LOL, im not sure how, but i got it to work, and i upgraded to snow leopard, then i upgraded to lion, and i had some freezing there, but finally went through, and now i am LEAVING it.. lol...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.