2006 AP Exam Scores!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rockthecasbah, Jul 17, 2006.

1. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Sorry for the excessive (to some) exclamation marks but i am overly excited at my AP exam score. This years AP exam for US History i felt was quite difficult because it dealt with so much women's history (not covered at all essentially in my class) and name association.

I was expecting a 2-3 because i BS'd my women's history essay and didn't know those Multiple Choice questions and for the fact that a few days ago our teachere emailed us a scale that had a large majority of students receiving grades in that range. Yet i was astonished today to find out i received a 4!! :D

So how'd everyone else do? Post your scores :)

2. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Congrats!

I remember waiting on my scores..we had to do AP and IB at my school.

3. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

4. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

congrats

im taking that exam next year when i'll be a junior

5. Chubypig macrumors 6502

I got a 5 on the US History one. and you're right it was quite difficult, i thought i bombed the dbq.

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

5 on World History (I showed those essays who their daddy was... :cool: )

4 on Biology (Didn't help that on one essay I got Graph A and Graph B completely confused...also didn't help that my teacher didn't cover 25% of the curriculum... :rolleyes: )

7. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I got a 5 on US history as well. I was terrified, I knew I got a perfect on the MC, but I totally misread the dbq, and with like 4 minutes left, re-read it, and scrawled a few paragraphs at the end of my long essay answering the question. I still can't believe i squeaked a 5.

8. Silentwave macrumors 68000

hehe I called like last year and got them on the 30th of last month actually, it turned on that afternoon.
    last year i got 5 on US history
    this year i got 5 on bio, 4 on latin vergil.

next year modern euro, geography, and engl. lit.

9. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Congrats on the great score!

However, this is the second thread on AP's that we've had...

AP's

Meh, that one is a bit old (2 weeks), so don't worry about it :) .

10. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I only took one AP class this year... Chemistry... and I got a 4 on the exam.

Overall, I'm very pleased :)

11. rockthecasbah thread starter macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

yeah i did a google search for AP stuff but i didn't find that thread :eek:

Anyway, thanks for the congrats and congratulations to everyone else that has posted thus far. You all should be very proud :)

12. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

i am ancient and went to high school back in the days of disco

what is an ap exam, who takes it, and is it a state to state thing or nationwide?

in high school, i remember advanced placement courses which lasted anywhere from half the school year to the whole year

13. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

AP=advanced placement, nationally standardized tests are taken after a specified curric is given to students. Passing the tests 4s and 5s usually result in college credits.

14. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

i guess that's fair enough

the high schools way back when used to send some high school students to the junior college and those more advanced classes, while fulfilling one or more high school courses, would always remain college credits forever

some students were able to knock off a whole college semester that way and could get their associate's degree in three semesters, after their high school diploma, under normal unit loads of fifteen units a semester...some high achieving high school students were able to knock off their associate's in a year, and their remaining balance of their bachelor's in just over a year taking large unit loads and summer classes

life is not that short so i don't see any reason for most people in trying to achieve a four year college degree in a major hurry

but before you all know it, you will be thirty years old and nobody will care that you finished college a semester or two early...i say take the regular course load, or less, and enjoy life a little since many will say their best years were those in high school and college :)

15. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

I got a 3 in English Lit after not taking the class.

And a 4 in US Gov't.

:)

That's okay...I'll be transferring 30 credits worth to Marquette this year.

16. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Awww you sound like somene who couldnt quite hack it. If mediocrity is fine for you, great, but dont thrust that onto others.

It doesnt matter if anyone remembers that I graduated college early, my pockets sure were glad to skip an extra year of college that I got to do free during high school.

17. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

if you can do a four year degree in three years and are motivated and chomping at the bit to hit the working world, all the more power to you

personally, i am not that type of go-getter and working five days a week is fine for me...my dad and grandfather were the seven days a week variety and i am astounded when i meet entrepreneurs or high end silicon valley managers who work every day of the week pulling 10-12 hour days

i am just glad to have a job and my bachelor's degree...my work will pay for my remaining half of my mba studies and jd/llb (aka basic law degree), but that will be while i am working so schooling will be at a slow pace, too

btw, what are you doing now? he he, and if you have some spare time, go and be the first one to invent a diet pill over the counter that both works and is not addictive...dr. dean edell has already mentioned that such an invention would be the biggest medical invention in human history

much of history is formed by less than 1% percent of the populace, whether it be michael dell, bill gates, steve jobs, or a world leader and the one thing these and others like them have in common is that they are extremely ambitious and get things done in a hurry

but anyway, kudos to you

18. icetraxx macrumors newbie

I received a 4 on AP Environmental Science... I wish i had taken more AP classes.

19. zach macrumors 65816

zach

hit a 4 in AP US, only AP exam i took this year, but i've got 6 next year...

Macroeconomics
    Microeconomics
    Calculus BC
    Physics C Mechanics
    Physics C E&M
    English Language

it's gonna be a real fun time :/

20. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Sun of a b**** that's going to be like college. I took a few of those classes (Physics, English, Calc BC, MacroEcon) - Macro was a piece of cake, Calc BC is pretty tough, Physics is impossible (for me, anyway), and English Language was a lot of work but the test was easy.

Good luck!