2006 German GP Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Counterfit, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Beat ya' iGav. :p
    I guess it's a smidgen early, but I just ran across this. Just WTF is Schumi doing there? And I really don't care much about fashion, but I would not be caught dead in those shorts Ralf has on.

2. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Tomorrow night, I'm putting my Ferrari flag out.

My quali predictions:
    Rows 1 and 2: Ferrari/Renault
    Kimi 2-3 cars behind, Scott Speed 14th, The newbie, 22nd, barring any engine changes from someone sub-12th, or any penalties, etc. Basically, last of the real qualifiers.

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Don't think Renault will be up there this weekend though...Maybe Kimi would be...

4. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I guess the one thread thing is dead. Good.

Schumi trying to make Nick laugh?

Pay me what they pay Ralf and I'll wear a diaper or annything else you want. :eek:

5. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I wonder if the FIA or somebody has told Renault to back off to keep everybody from tuning off?

6. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Thanks Kimi, for ****ing up my grid predictions. :rolleyes:
    Okay, I guess I should actually be blaming Renault, but I want Ferrari to win, so :p
    Quali results:
    1. Kimi
    2. Michael
    3. Felipe
    4. Jenson
    5. Fisi
    6. Rubens
    7. Fernie
    8. Ralf
    9. Pedro
    10. DC
    11. Webber
    12. Mr. Klien
    13. Trulli
    14. JV
    15. Nico
    16. Nick
    17. Vito
    18. Albers
    19. Taku
    20. Tiago
    21. Sakon
    22. Speed

Well, I was right about Sakon, even though he was quicker than Taku in practice. Fernie's got his work cut out for him, especially while I try to channel "DNF! DNF! DNF!" into his brain from 3000 miles away.

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I knew Kimi was going to be there all along despite a few troubles, or whatever. The Renault never looked strong whole weekend. It's not always going to be Renault & Ferrari. Other teams will eventually start coming into play as the season unfolds. :rolleyes:

8. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

Man, that was boring. Not as bad as the French race, but fairly abject nevertheless.

9. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Tighted things up a bit as far as the championship goes.

10. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

11. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Although Schumi challenging Alonso is making the season 'interesting,' I just wish that the FIA would butt-out and stop restricting the teams/ruling something illegal every other day :mad:

Let the teams get on with it and F1 might become entertaining again.

*End of rant* :D

12. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Indeed. He's probably strongly considering a switch in team for next year. I know I would be.
    Good job for Kimi and Button.
    Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to point and laugh at anyone who said Fernie had this championship locked up.

As for Renault's mass damper thing, the FIA wants it gone because it's a "moveable aerodynamic device", as it helps keep the car level over bumps and such, thus improving the aerodynamic efficiency (indirectly though). I'm pretty sure that it can't be considered an "aerodynamic device" at all, since it's entirely contained within the nose. It can, however, be considered "pretty nifty".

13. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Ferarri had to ditch it to.

Do you rememeber a few years ago McLaren came up with a system to recover enegry lost during braking. Or something like that. The FIA crapped all over that to.

Of course the neatest system was the downforce fan that hurled debris everywhere. :eek:

http://www.gadgetopia.com/post/4159

14. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I say that "Fernie" still has the thing locked up. 11 points is still a strong lead and even if Fernie grabs no points and Schumi wins, he is still leading the thing. Just look at the rest of the season though. Alonso's worst finish is 5th!. Schumi has had a DNF. Renualt has always come back. Next week we will see Alonso first or second. All Alonso has to do is take one win from Schumi and he's got it (in the sense that he doesn't lose more than 2 points a race after that). I think he's more than capable of doing that.

15. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

My concise review of the race...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

16. iGav macrumors G3

People must have been watching a different race to me then... take the two Ferrari's out of the equation, and there was plenty of close racing and overtaking.

Fred's beginning to crack. ;)

17. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

between 'capable of winning' and 'locked up' there is quite a way.
    nano is still favorite, but the championship is most definitively open.
    the good news for renault is they will be allowed to use the dampers in hungary

18. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

There's no way Renault can "come back" that quick and whatsoever mass dampers would not do the job just it. At least not at this weekends race. it has to take a while. Ferrari deffinately had the package in Hockenheim and within just a space of a few days, it's unlikely that Renault would bounce back immediately.

19. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, considering we're in the testing ban now, it would indeed be quite hard for them, but Hungary is a different track. Tight and twisty, nice and hot too. It seems odd to me that the position has switched from a few years ago, where Michelin was better in the heat than B'stone. Assuming the comparative performance difference in Monaco stays put, I'd say Ferrari will have an advantage at the Hungaroring, but I'm not sure how big it will be.

20. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

You can not say that before it's over. You are just listing some stats. But in the real world everything can happen.

Ferrari has been coming on strong in the last three races. Renault is still holding the advantage right now. But lets see what happens at Hungary.