2006 Honda Civic Si

Discussion in 'Community' started by carbonmotion, Feb 21, 2005.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

This is the car that I would get if I had that kind of money in 2006 (I probably won't)

[​IMG]

Wa Wa? Rice Power R0x0r!

2. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Meh, I believe a thread was started about this already last week. And what the heck? A guy from Michigan actually liking Hondas? Wow.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I believe the previous thread (mentioned and linked above) was about the 2005 civic, for what difference it makes...(I believe the '06 model was mentioned, however)

There is something about this forum and Civic Si's though...personally I find them rather uninspiring. I prefer the offerings from Mazda and Scion in that pricerange...

5. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

well just because im from michigan doesnt mean i automatically like ford... sheesh. we actually have quite a big liberal population here... I mean we're a liberal state.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If I had to choose one, I'd go with a Mazda 3. If it HAD to be a Civic Si, it would be the 2006 over any of the others, I can't stand the older styling.

Not like I'd buy a FWD car if I had a choice though ;)

7. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Why not buy a 2006 acura? It's like buying a 2009 Honda Civic. Or I guess you could get a 2003 acura, it'll be like the 2006 Civic.

BEN

8. Toreador93 macrumors regular

Us Michiganders (or Michiganians, whichever you prefer) like our FWDs. I use to have a RWD beast of a Cadillac, and after 3 winters I got sick of the fishtailing. The Civic isn't bad, a little too ricey for me. I'd also look at Mazda, and the new Volvo S40, which is inexpensive for a volvo, or any good European car for that matter.

Also, I do prefer Ford, mostly because they know how to let their foreign accuisitions (Volvo, Mazda, Jaguar, etc.) run their own damn companies (yes, I'm pointing my finger at GM's takeover of Saab). :mad:

9. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Yeah!! My old Saab had the key on the steering collum. What the heck!!! Atleast on my 2001 it's back to it's rightful place. Now they just need to get rid of the damn OnStar, crap quality plastic, thoughtless design for a radio, (I could go on and on). But it's still a saab, I love em!

BEN

10. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

saabs blow, real men drive VW

11. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

you must be in denial. the qc problems, endless electrical issues, and now (in 2005B) we see poor designs.

I agree.

Acura.

:)

woot.

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I know, it is so depressing.

What I would give for a pristine Saab 99. One of the most underrated cars ever.

As it stands, I am looking for a good condition, low mileage pre-GM 900 S, as I prefer the body style and eschew the GM meddling. Unfortunately, I have to go back pretty far...although the Viggen model a couple of years back was pretty sweet, I admit.

BTW have you seen the new Saab SUV, the 9-7 (aka rebadged Trailblazer for $12,000 more...arrgghh...sigh)

My apologies for highjacking the thread to Sweden.

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Of course, the TSX is actually a European Accord... :p

14. iGav macrumors G3

Never knew that, I assumed they'd use the same mainstream model in both markets.

Best looking Honda by far is the Euro Accord, but then what do you expect when it's a rip of an Alfa 156. :eek: :rolleyes: :p

15. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

TDI nuff said

16. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

A saab 99 would be a sweet ride, my dealer had one, but it was in such bad condition that I couldn't justify buying it. GM bought saab before the viggen line was ever introduced. Sorry to tell you :(.

Oh yeah, the VW comment, I've driven a couple, I do like them. Still, they don't have the reliability of a saab :)-p).

BEN

17. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

you want absolute reliability , buy honda or toyoya... their built like tanks. otherwise everything else has massive quality problems

18. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Hah that reminds me of one of those "best commercials you've never seen" shows.

One of the commercials featured was a European Toyota commercial. Basically, the scene opens with 2 guys driving in the desert. They spot a pretty girl in a red dress on the side of the road. When the guy in the passenger seat notices its a Toyota he tells the driver to keep going and not slow down.

When they pass the girl, the girl takes off her mask >> its really a man. Apparently it was some kind of trap. The guy in the passenger seat says "Toyota's never breakdown."

(pretty bold statement hehe).

19. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

scientifically toyota assembly lines use a tried and true process called poki yoki that virtually eliminates faults

20. bartelby macrumors Core

Yeah, That's why Ford bosses told Jaguar bosses to cease production of Jags at the Browns Lane plant in Coventry (the original factory and home of Jaguar!!).

21. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Yeah, I know about the Viggen and GM, but it is one of the few products that seemed worthwhile. Excellent performance and fairly stylish.

I am keeping my eyes peeled for a decent 99, btw. It is continuing my love of Swedish autos (on my second Volvo in a row). Before that, a VW.