2006 Japanese GP Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Counterfit, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Wow, I didn't realize it was this weekend until earlier tonight! :eek:

Anyways, Renault got owned in Quali.
    1. Phillip
    2. Spoonface
    3. Jr. (only 3 cars in 1:29 range)
    4. Truly
    5. Eyebrows
    6. Fizzy
    7. Don't press that
    8. Sandwiches
    9. Hide
    10. Son of Keke
    11. Val Kilmer
    12. Bob the Pole
    13. Rosie
    14. Australian Dictionary
    15. Best Choreography
    16. Son on André
    17. Electricity
    18. Bob the Dutch
    19. Goggles
    20. Satori
    21. São Paulo
    22. Sakonnet

Looks like Renault will have a fight on their hands tomorrow. Might we see a Toyota finally win? After spending more than anyone else, they'd better. Just not tomorrow.

Anyways, here's a possible scenario: If Spoonface wins and Eyebrows DNFs, it'll be #8 rather than #2. Even if the hairy one wins in Brazil with a Schumi DNF, it's 8 wins to 7.

2. iGav macrumors G3

*shakes head and tuts*

:p :p :p :p :p :p

3. Cube54 macrumors regular

Cube54

How does one know that...

1) Schumi will 'pass Massa' at the 1st Pit stop in the Japanese GP??

Remember Felipe you're from Brazil and F1 races there in 2 weeks. Would you like a ->1 way ticket home<- or a return ticket to Italy and a 'drive' next year?

2) Fisi wil get out of Alono's way at the 'Race start'

Flav *Canned* Alonso's right wheel tire changer from last's week's race and Fisi isn't that much better.

3) Ralph will run 'Block' for Ferrari.

Schumi has the 2nd set of film negatives of Ralph's wife's early modeling career.

:D

4. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, it's usually SOP for Schumi to go at least a lap longer than his teammate, (excepting safety car stops like Turkey or Britain '03). Besides, I doubt they would can Massa for anything less than punting Spoonface off (or just ruining his race in general)

Flava-flav is a tad bit excitable. Eyebrows' race was lost before the wheel nut incident anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if an order was sent to Fisi telling him to move over for monkey-boy. However, given the young one's most recent bout of whining, I would love to see Fisi say "Vaffunculo" and drive off into the (rising) sunset provided by the Toyotas and Marlboro red cars ahead.

Only because he wants to win himself. I honestly don't think Ralf is particularly interested in helping Michael win another c'ship. He's more interest in grabbing 10 points for himself.

5. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

Rather strange Ferraris relative lack of race pace today looks like Bridgstone had a "big one lap" in them and er um thats it.

Dont think M$ was happy in the car for quite a while before the engine let go

:cool:

6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

What do you think Ferrari's tactics will be for next GP with Schui needing 10 points more than Alonso. Get Massa to take him off the road??

7. bartelby macrumors Core

Schumy will probably do that himself. He does have a previous record for it...

8. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Yeah but that backfired one year, 1996?? with Villenieve?? (I have a crap memory and crap spelling).

9. Mookamoo macrumors member

It was the final GP of 1997. He smacked into the side of Villeneuve when Villeneuve tryed to pass him and therefore win the championship.

Plus he did the same with Hill.

and Coulthard

and Hakkinen

and even his brother.....

10. iGav macrumors G3

Very disappointed for the Schu :( he drove his heart out today, :( and his first engine failure in something like 5 years :eek: what a time to have one. :(

He'll go down fighting though... he'll be nothing other than spectacular in Brazil. ;)

I find it sad that that one always comes up, what he did to Villeneuve was stupid, but he was punished for it, but what happened with Hill wasn't anywhere near as clear cut, Schumacher did have the racing line, and was clearly in front and it's not like Hill doesn't have form for over estimating his overtaking abilities... see Silverstone '95, Monza '95 for example.

It's interesting that Senna, Prost or even Mansell do not get anywhere near the same levels of flack even though they were just as adept at committing the professional foul.

11. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

What a crap way to decide the race. :(

Well, the championship might not come down to the last race, but maybe we'll still see a good fight in Brazil.