2006 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tanglewood, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

2. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Watch out for the Dolphins. Sleeper team of the AFC. Definately not an elite team, but good enough to cause some problems for Pittsburgh and New England (and certainly anyone in the NFC).

3. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

not yet but we will be elite verrryyyy sooooon. miami is gonna suprise ALOT of people. let's go fins!!!!!!!!!

4. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

You know, i was going to start a NFL '06 thread... but you beat me to it...

Skins all the way... they look really good this year. Unfortunately, so does everyone else in the NFC East. I believe the NFC East is going to relive its early 90 days...

But seriously folks... Adam Archulette is an amazing player, when combined with Sean Taylor (who doesn't have to go to jail)... the rest of the core defence, we're going to be really good. Now that we added Brandon Lloyd, Randle El, David Patten is healthy, we have an awesome Offensive coordinator, we have a very good running back, a pretty good line, and all we need is a QB who won't get hurt. If Mark Brunell can stay healthy, i believe he'll do pretty well. He did better than everyone thought he would last year. And I hear pretty good things about the up and coming Jason Campbell. So, Redskins all the way!!

Anyone else who can't wait until Madden '07????

5. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

My predictions for the year.....

If the Packers show any sort of offensive line effectiveness this year, Favre will break Marino's TD pass record.

Favre will also retire after this season unless the Packers make the playoffs in which case he will come back to try for another Super Bowl, and given the performance last year, I'd put my money on retirement.

I'd offer more predictions but I only follow one team.

6. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

he needs how many? i dont see him throwing more than 21-22. i think he needs like 25 or so.

7. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i like the skins cuz you guys have 3 of my fav college players..

santanna moss
    clinton portis
    sean taylor

it's all about the U
    (and ya madden 07 for 360 is gonna be insane. ncaa is amazing, so i expect madden to be even better)

8. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

He needs 25. He had 20 last year with a really #$%^% offensive line at the beginning of the year which hurt the running game and made the pass too obvious. His past years are as follows

2000 - 20
    2001 - 32
    2002 - 27
    2003 - 32
    2004 - 30
    2005 - 20

I think 25 is feasible especially if the offensive line is any good and the receiving core stays healthy. Since the playoff shot is slim I would imagine him taking more shots at the end-zone this season to make the record as well.

9. Tanglewood thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

The next few weeks will determine how the Chargers will do this year. Practically the all the starters are back save Drew Brees. So hopefully the QB class of 2004 talent goes beyond Big Ben and Manning and extends to Rivers. Though I don't think we'll know for sure until the actual season gets underway. Heres to LT returning to carrying the team on his shoulders again.

Personal I think AJ Smith letting Brees go was not the best move (if you are worried about his shoulder franchise him again and see how it turns out). Though if Brees returns to 2004 form with Reggie in the backfield (if they can ever sign him) the Saints should have a good turn around this season.

10. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Does anyone remember back in the day when New Englands defense was one of the best defenses in the league?

*sigh* :(

I miss the good'ol days....
    Why Romeo, why?!? Oh, yeah. Money.

11. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Was just thinking about an NFL 2006 thread the other day when I realised that my NFL RSS feeds had started to pick up again...

Should be an interesting season - lots of QBs coming back from injuries, lots of new coaches introducing new offenses/defenses.

So... shall we have a sweepstake on when Parcells chews out TO?

12. Tanglewood thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

"Packers own a 39-1 record (counting playoffs) at home with him at quarterback when the temperature is 34 degrees or below." (JAN2005)

He's to an early winter in Lambeau. I'd love to see Favre get the record. Never been a fan of the Dolphins anyway.:p

13. Tanglewood thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Week 5 Dallas at Philly...because the irony would awesome.

14. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

With 9 more consecutive starts he moves up to #3 on the all time starts list, if they make it all the way to the Superbowl and he starts every game (including the wildcard game) he will make #2 (tied if they skip the WC).

The key to the TD record is going to be OL play.

For any interested here is a good site to watch how he's doing.

15. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

well the o-line ISNT any good. lost all the top guys you had a couple years ago, and losing javon walker isnt going to help anybody's TD records.. especially a qb with probly the worst receiving corps in the nfl

16. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Prediction..

Seattle will win the superbowl that was robbed from them last year.

17. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Much I loved watching Favre in the past, I do think he should have retired 2 years ago. He's not the same player as he was - and without a team that has a legitimate shot at the SuperBowl, he's tarnishing his legacy. He's as likely to throw a crucial INT as he is to lead a 4th quarter comeback now... and I don't think him staying is helping the Packers. They need to regroup and rebuild and figure out whether Rodgers is the answer - they're not going to get the answer with him on the bench.

I am rooting for Craig Nall, Favre's old backup, to get a fair shot in Buffalo. He was the QB for Scotland in 2003 and we had a lot of fun watching him - and we saw him the next year throwing a consolatory TD at a MNF game at Lambeau Field (the night Brett threw 3 INTs)

18. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

19. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i dont think postseason games are included..

well, for the consecutive games record it isnt i know that. if they were, favre's record would be even longer

20. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

no question, the team to beat is the Los Angeles.....um, er......? oh, right.......we don't have a team

oh well, there's always the beach.....but be sure to let me know when it's time for the super bowl!

21. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

pretty soon LA will have a team.

plus, you've had USC for a couple years... basically an NFL team.

22. iRachel macrumors 6502a

Go Bears!

17 days until their first preseason game :D

23. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

Robbed? I really don't think they deserved to be there at all... look at their division... 49'ers, Cards (granted, this season they'll be better), St. Louis. They had 6 guaranteed wins! Then they also played Houston, Philly, Tenn. and Green Bay. Yes, they did beat some good teams, but they had an incredibly easy schedule

24. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Thats going to be very difficult when the Bears D takes him out for two games, and Peyton Manning now holds the record you speak of and well farve isn't really in peyton's caliber these days.

25. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

There are not a few St. Louis Rams fans who'd sell Mike Martz to LA in a NY minute.

If they could just get by Texas. :p