2007 Chevy Tahoe unveiled!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by quagmire, Sep 20, 2005.

1. macrumors 603

quagmire

2. macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Looks exactly like every other chevy truck/suv.

wow.

I guess you can haul some lumber in it, but I'd rather a new M5.

3. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

WOW! That truly is....

...horrific!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

4. thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

5. macrumors 68000

jimsowden

just a bunch of curves. Typical american design.
    "Hey guys, lets make everything rounded."
    The line must be embraced!
    [​IMG]
    Now that's an interior.

6. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

garbage. what's so special about ANYTHING gm's made lately though? :confused:

7. thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Pontiac Solstice/ Saturn Sky, Corvette with the LS2 and LS7 engine, the HHR, the new Impala with the return of the small block V8, and much more. The Z06 can go 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. In 2007, the 2 mode hybrid. 2008 GTO. 2007-2010 Camaro rumor, etc.

8. macrumors 6502

evilernie

Bah. I have been a lifelong GM and Mopar man but they both have let me down. GTO? Please. Charger? Not quite. They should both learn something from what Ford did with the Mustang.

That's why I just crossed over and bought a 2006 Mustang GT on Saturday. :cool:

9. macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

nothing gm is really been going down the toilet along with every other american car manufacturer

10. macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

i love the new mustang

the gto is just ugly.... fast, but ugly
    i like the charger, but why the heck is it a four door???

11. thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Notice how I said 2008! The GTO will be redesigned then. The '06 model year is the last of the current GTO. '08-'09 should when the new GTO comes out with much more appropriate looks. Also GTO came out in 2004. The new Mustang 2005. Difference isn't there? :p

12. macrumors 68020

ham_man

That looks like a piece of **** compared to the old Tahoe. Chevy seems to be making some ugly cars lately... :rolleyes:

13. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

that seems to be the case - the exterior looks more like a modded Envoy (which is even uglier) :D

Bleh - and when you have to pay $100 to fill up the tank to go across town, that's what you want to be driving :rolleyes:

D

14. macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

It looks so generic and mundane.

What more can I say..! :rolleyes:

15. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you showed me an exterior photo from a Tahoe from 4 years ago and said the "2007 Chevy Tahoe unveiled", I doubt I'd notice anything wrong.

They all look the same.

"Blue Steel. Magnum. It's all the same face!"

16. macrumors 68030

joepunk

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles!

What a fracking monster of bleh.

I don't think that I could spot the differences between any of the models at all. Heck, I rarely ever even notice them on the road. I just turn a blind eye when they come in my line of sight.

And yes, if I am going to be spending $100 on gas just to go across town, I would want to drive something with a lot more flare and excitement.

17. macrumors 6502

dvdh

Ban SUVs on days ending in Y . . .

Great . . . . I can already hear the soccer moms muttering about the price of gas as they accidentally back over a Prius they failed to see in the rearview mirror.

Someone please explain to me why a third of the new vehicles sold (in the US) are sport utilities (that incidentally will likely transport no more than 2 people from the suburbs to downtown over paved road for their entire lifespans) as oil prices sit just under $70 a barrel?

18. macrumors regular

How anyone, ANYONE, can laud an SUV in today's oil market and environmental state is beyond me. I curse at anyone who drive's an SUV of any kind - they are pointless, wasteful, and extravagant. Screw them, and the people that drive them, because they are killing all of us. :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. macrumors 6502a

Verto

Barf.

20. macrumors 65816

EJBasile

You know you can say that but unless gas gets over $5 SUVs won't be going anywhere. Some SUVs get the same fuel economy as minivans. What about pickup trucks. Think of how many people buy them and don't use the pickup function of them.

I think it is ugly on the outside. The hood portion looks too tall in proportion to the rest of the car and will probably cause poor visability. The WORST part IMO is that stupid hood. It makes it look like a stupid chevy uplander, The older models looked better. The interrior however is greatly improved. My father used to have the Yukon Denali and its interrior was just crap. Its the same as the Base model only with leather, GPS, and the dash had fake wood.

The stupid American car companies are getting so ugly. Chevy is going down hill along with dodge/crysler/jeep. Ford isn't nearly as ugly.

I think it is a decent upgrade but they could have done better. The Tahoe/suburban interiior was in real need of an updating I will call this car "The SUV version of the chevy uplander".

21. macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

it is ugly but there really isnt much they can do with a big suv like that design wise

22. macrumors 65816

EJBasile

No...This is an interior
    [​IMG]

23. macrumors 68020

aloofman

That may be the least interesting upcoming vehicle I can think of. Even among GM's cars and trucks, almost all others are more appealing that one. You may just be my exact opposite!

24. macrumors regular

EJBasile, I know that some minivans and most pickups get similar mileage, but look at the ratio of each to the other. There are many times more Suburbans, Expeditions, Escalades, Land Rovers, Highlanders, Xterras, etc. than there are Rams, F-150s, and Caravans (this list not anywhere nearly inclusive). If you were to cut out every SUV right now, I would expect a noticable drop in fuel usage.

25. macrumors member

Just another nail in America's gas-guzzling coffin. What are these companies thinking??? When the backlash against these wasteful vehicles really begins, Americans will turn to fuel efficient (and mostly foreign) hybrids and small cars. The Japanese are already 10 years ahead in that department.

GM needs to get on the ball and create a Prius killer, or die a slow death.