"2007 is going to be a great year for the mac"

Discussion in 'Event Archives' started by DsurioN, Jan 11, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2007
    As Steve Jobs said just before he started talking about the itv, ipod, and iphone:

"So, 2007 is going to be a great year for the Mac but this is all we're going to talk about the mac today. We're going to move on to some other things and over the next few months we're going to roll out some awesome stuff for the mac, but for today, we're going to move on."

So, when do you suppose this "awesome stuff" is going to appear? (i.e. iLife '07 / iWork '07, Leopard, new macs, whatever)

most years new versions of ilife have been demoed at macworld.. but since this year it was reserved exclusively for apples existing / new consumer devices, are they going to have another special event to release this software and demo some new leopard features? What do you think...
  2. macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    There are 353 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds left in 2007 - lots of time for Apple to do stuff with the Mac.
  3. macrumors 68000

Jun 22, 2006
    I was thinking today...what if Leopard incorporates something like EyeTV or Media Center to tie in to AppleTV? I mean, wouldn't that be an ultimate "top-secret" feature? I know it's probably a pipe dream, but it seems like the pieces are in place...unless they just don't want to undercut the revenue of iTunes. Dammit. There went that idea.
  4. macrumors 68040

Nov 7, 2006
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    Good idea.

Good bye Elgato :D
  5. macrumors 603

Jul 11, 2006
    But if they did make it part of Leopard then would it really undercut iTunes much, because Macs are still a fairly small percentage of the people using iTunes. Also if that feature wasn't available on Windows they may make back some of the money lost from iTunes from people buying Macs to get this feature.
  6. macrumors P6

Apr 1, 2005
    Space--The ONLY Frontier

It's called Front Row 2.0
  7. macrumors 6502

Sep 30, 2003
    Apple's hype and our folly.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2006
    Peace in Plainfield
    I bet that leopard won't even be considered "release-able" until Month of Kernel Bugs: OSX Special is done and over with. Apple can incorporate the fixes into Leopard and release a nice OSX without people having to download security updates a week or two into the release. Makes it look good on their side. Expect Leopard released in February. :)
  9. macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    London Town
    I think they'll make the first machine capable of love.
  10. macrumors member

Jan 7, 2007
    2007, here's what im hoping for...

leopard, iLife, iWorks, new macbook pro, mighty 50" displays, 1 and 2G iphone's hopefully (doubtful but can always hope(2G may come at macworld 08))

a logic pro update (PLEEEEEASE)

oh ye, and a few quad core intels would be priiiity tasty :D
  11. macrumors 6502

Dec 1, 2003
    Mel Gibson...? ;) :cool:
  12. macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2005
    I just hope we see things sooner rather than latter. However, its not like Steve Jobs would say "2007 will be a terrible year for the Mac." Every year is a good year according to that guy; but he's usually right.
  13. macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Yea, like he'd say it would be a bad year for Mac ;) I love it when those guys release a new Mac and say something like, "This is the best Mac we've ever made." Haha! As if they could have made a "worse" Mac than the ones before ;)
  14. macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2004
    London, UK
    I get the impression Apple has multiple revisions or versions waiting in the wings.
  15. macrumors 65816

Jan 9, 2007
    Kansas City, Missouri. USA
  16. macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2004
    Nah that is Edgar (obscure movie ref...)
  17. Retired

May 16, 2006
    The 20th Anniversary mac was a bit rubbish...
  18. Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    This has been my only major complaint with Apple - that they don't have a true media center option (like Windows has had for many years). ...This is truly the only way in which Windows is superior to OS X.

I guess Apple expects me to cancel my cable subscription and buy all of my shows from iTunes, but that just isn't practical.

If Leopard doesn't include the ability to record/schedual/organize TV shows then I will be extremely disappointed, but I'm sorry to say, that I'm expecting that disappointment. :(
  19. macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    I hope it is...but Apple going from Apple Computer Inc to Apple Inc doesn't make me think it will be.

iWork+iLife 07
    New iMac Design
    Mac Mini CD2
    Mac Tablet
    12'' Laptop
    8 Core Mac Pro
  20. Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 2, 2004
    The Centennial State
    I'm gonna venture a guess and say "over the next few months". ;)
  21. Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    But February isn't even spring yet (spring starts in late March) .

Personally, I'm expecting Leopard in April or May.
  22. macrumors 68020

Feb 22, 2006
    hmm lets see heres my predictions for apples products in 07 that we will see

touch screen ipod all the features of the ipod part on the iphone and pray to be able to edit callender info etc

Tablet mac and or super slick mac book its about time apple came out with a new design cpu weither be desktop or laptop

either New Cinema displays in febuary with a 50 " for :apple:tv or a new update to Isight or both

maybe a mid Range Tower somthing that can get the pc users that say the mac isnt expandable but still afordable to switch over

LGF and Fox on to itunes and all Six Starwars movies on itunes part of the Starwars anniversery

I life 07 and I work 07

10.5 i think there are Several key Features that will shock the operating system world maybe have the abilty to run windows and mac programs ala Parales but ull still have to supply your own os i think this is why we havent heard what will happen with bootcamp yet once leapord Comes out and apple said were "holding features close to us that we dont wanna reveal yet
  23. macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2006
    Portland, OR
    that's what i was thinkin!

Edit; ...and House M.D. on iTunes.
  24. macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2006
    Peace in Plainfield
    If a 24'' iMac doesn't make the Apple computers capable of love, I don't know what will :)

I, for one, am afraid of upgraded iMacs, cause I'm gonna buy one in three days. I don't want to look at mine in two months and be like "I shoulda waited :("

If they come out with Leopard early, and rock solid (let me dream :) ), they can release it early and say "we estimated spring, but we're so good, we were able to release it early. Choke on that M$!"
  25. macrumors 6502a

Jul 2, 2006
    Well after announcing the switch to Intel, Steve did say that Apple still had awesome PPC products still to be introduced.

All we got was the current form-factor iMac (which was itself soone replaced with the first Intel machines).:rolleyes:

So there is a history of some flexability when the terms "awesome" and "products" are being used. We wil see a rolling upgrade across the range with n-spec wireless networking and a few speed bumps when Intel get faster CPUs into the market. Hopefuly a complete redesign of the MacBook Pro along the way. Unlike all the other designes, it is in desperate need of a major overhaul.

A quick look at Intel product schedules should give a good guide (though Apple does not always embrace new stuff the moment it is released). Figure May/June for laptop and iMac refresh. August for Mac Pro refresh. Mac Mini could receive a minor update soon...

Leopard April/May

iLife 07/iWorks 07 Feb

Perhaps new displays. A decent upgrade and price reduction is long overdue. Then again Apple may not want to compete in that market and just be content to charge premium prices for old product.