Hi everyone, After installing windows on 2 laptops and messing about with linux on a 3rd, I have concluded that it is a total pita and I want my mac back! I have literally got nothing done for the past 2 weeks. So, here we go again, the options this time are as follows: Mac mini 2011 server i7 2.0GHz 240GB SSD 500GB 7200rpm HDD 16GB RAM HD3000 Price, about £700.00 all in or Mac mini 2012 i7 2.6GHz (with possible display issues!) 240GB SSD 16GB RAM HD4000 Price, about £882.00 all in After deciding to buy a macbook, I have re-evaluated and decided that a desktop better suits my needs. Now I am painfully aware of the display issues on the mac mini 2012 that they are still trying to fix. Apparently 10.8.3 fixes the washed out colours, but not so sure about the blinking screen. I use MDP > DVI so I don't touch the HDMI anyway so this may not be a problem for me, although you'd like to think after spending this amount of money, it would work out the box! If someone has experience with the 2.6GHz 2012 one running with firmware update and using MDP > DVI, that would be very helpful as I would just get a new one from the apple store if there are no problems (this probably can't be guaranteed). 'If it works' shouldn't even be an option, but after the problems with the 2012 minis, annoyingly this now has to be a consideration. Anyway, thanks for any input for the above choice. Sam.