2011 MB Air screen smudges

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by podiki, Nov 26, 2012.

1. podiki, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012

macrumors member

I'm starting to notice I have a lot of smudges coming from the keys on the screen of my 2011 13" MacBook Air. Is this a common thing on these laptops? Or have I just dropped it once too often? :)

2. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Common problem even on a new, virgin machine. My 2012 MBA does this also.

3. macrumors 601

Do you use a keyboard membrane?

I was going to, then my concern for smudges stopped me doing so. Mine happens to be perfect naked, no smudges unless caused my eat&surf sessions. :)

Try cleaning keyboard often see if it helps. Every a couple of days wipe kbd with damp, BUT NOT WET! clean cloth.

4. macrumors 6502

Have keyboard membrane on 15" MBP as well as 13" and 11" MBAs. No imprinting/smudging on the screens ever.

5. thread starter macrumors member

I find it a bit silly that I would need to use a membrane. I've had many laptops and my most expensive one is designed in away that I can't close the lid without the screen getting dirty. Pity...

Oh well, I'm going to trade in this 13" Air for a 2012 Air with 8GB. Still the best laptop I ever had. ;)

6. macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

I recommend taking a cotton cloth, such as a washcloth or microfiber, and dampening it with water. Not dripping, just damp. Then open your hinge fully, and gently wipe down the display.

No more smudges :)

Works for me :D