2011 MBA 11" - clicky sound on wrist resting area

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Quackington, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Quackington
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Hi all,

I bought a MBA in July this year, the new 11" model. All has been fine and dandy until lately, where I've heard/felt a click when resting my wrists on either side of the trackpad. I can't regularly recreate the sound, but it happens quite often. Is this normal, or should I take it into Apple to get it looked at?

Thanks.

2. psxguru
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

It's basically the case.

If it's not doing it a lot then don't worry about it otherwise get a pentalobe screwdriver (make sure it's the right size) off ebay etc and reseat the base cover and screws.

I think the genius bar could do it for you as well?

3. altecXP
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

I had the Bar tighten my screws I had a click as well, just the screws a little loose.

4. Quackington
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. I work close to an Apple store, so will take it in. Since posting this message, the clicking sound has become much more common.

Most appreciated.

5. stark4
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

I'm having the same click sound problem. If I take it to the apple store are they gonna fix it permanently or is it gonna come back?

6. tomaseriksson
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

tomaseriksson

I had the same issue with my 13". As i live in sweden (no applestores), so I ordered a cheap screwdriver from ebay, loosened the screws on the bottom a little bit, re-aligned the bottom and then tightened them. Everything has been fine since, and that was 3-4 month ago.