2011 MBA 11" - clicky sound on wrist resting area

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Quackington, Dec 5, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Aug 12, 2010
    England, UK
    Hi all,

I bought a MBA in July this year, the new 11" model. All has been fine and dandy until lately, where I've heard/felt a click when resting my wrists on either side of the trackpad. I can't regularly recreate the sound, but it happens quite often. Is this normal, or should I take it into Apple to get it looked at?

2. macrumors 6502a

May 19, 2006
    It's basically the case.

If it's not doing it a lot then don't worry about it otherwise get a pentalobe screwdriver (make sure it's the right size) off ebay etc and reseat the base cover and screws.

I think the genius bar could do it for you as well?
  3. macrumors 65816

Aug 3, 2009
    I had the Bar tighten my screws I had a click as well, just the screws a little loose.
  4. thread starter macrumors member

Aug 12, 2010
    England, UK
    Thanks guys. I work close to an Apple store, so will take it in. Since posting this message, the clicking sound has become much more common.

Most appreciated.
  5. macrumors 6502

Oct 14, 2008
    I'm having the same click sound problem. If I take it to the apple store are they gonna fix it permanently or is it gonna come back?
  6. macrumors member

Oct 3, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I had the same issue with my 13". As i live in sweden (no applestores), so I ordered a cheap screwdriver from ebay, loosened the screws on the bottom a little bit, re-aligned the bottom and then tightened them. Everything has been fine since, and that was 3-4 month ago.