Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
We have a very young, inexperienced and thin offensive line
And our defense is depleted with suspensions

We gave up a ton of yards today, and too much pressure/sacks

Todd Gurley the frosh running back was the highlight
3 TDs one on a KO return and 100 yd game

Murray was just average

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
LOL... ok

Won the MAC and beat Utah State in a bowl game last year, and returned a QB who passed for 3k yards, and they had the whole scandal thing. So yeah, not really anything for them to be embarrassed about. Many were predicting Ohio U to win this game and win their conference.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
YA quite a game. The BIG is looking fine so far. Penn State lost to a very good Ohio team. No shame there.

Now let's see just how good Michigan and Alabama are. Should be quite the game (I hope).

Penn state looked awful in the fourth quarter, some coaching mistakes by O'brien with the timeouts. They looked less than stellar.

Looking forward to Bama Vs. Michigan tonight as well.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Still bummed that the clowns in the Louisiana Tech administration postponed A&M's opener in Shreveport. :mad:

I see a maze and blue upset this weekend.

Post of the ****ing year!

The upcoming expanded playoff and other distractions have really soured me on the one sport I used to love so much more than I do now. I'll continue to cheer for my team, but aside from that my heart just isn't really in it anymore. :(

ONE extra game that doesn't even happen for a couple of years has ruined your love for college football?!?

If OU wins our game, I have to wear an OU lanyard for a solid month.

Really, really REALLY bad bet.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Really, really REALLY bad bet.

I never would have bet money. But to get my crashpad fired up for the season - why not? Obviously OU has the better team, but screw it. I'll add a little bit to the table.

Of course, talk to me after the game and I'm wearing a ****ing Sooner lanyard to work every day. :)

And holy crap - Bama looked good. I watched the USC game too, but I think these teams are on two different levels. I was hoping someone would be able to step up to an Alabama this season, but so far I have no idea who that'd be.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Bama hurting Michigan after 1 quarter

They look really good again :(

I thought that it was a very good start for Bama... enough to demonstrate that they can do very well without Richardson et al, but still showing that they have things to work on and can't take anything for granted. It's always interesting to watch Saban's reactions on the sideline - every mistake sends him into a frenzy, no matter how well the Tide are doing. I suppose that's why he earns the big bucks.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
That's going to really impact A&M later in the season. That schedule is brutal, and now there is no bye week. OUCH!

Could have an impact next week with the Gators having a game under their belt and week to work out the kinks

Of course A&M has film on the Gators now and the Gators got nuttin' on them

Should be an interesting game
I think College Game Day is going to Kyle Field this week for the game

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Guess we will have to listen to all of the USC hype all year since they won't play a decent defense till the bowl game (if they get past Oregon twice). There is a reason the SEC dominates the BCS, it is called great defense. Like great pitching stops great hitting, I will take great defense over video game offense every time. The Trojans are college footballs "great hope" for unseating the SEC. Not.Gonna.Happen.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Roll Tide

Can't root for USC with all the money/perks flowing there and with Lame Kiffin as coach

I've actually come around on Lane Kiffin. His act - and it was an act; he admitted as much - at Tennessee was ridiculous and I disliked him. Since then, he's just been himself and he's been a solid coach.

It's impressive in the face of sanctions he managed to keep the ship on course and actually elevate the program. Now let's see if he can keep it up throughout this year and the next year or two.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Don't like how your team is performing so you're gonna root for someone else?

Weak.

OSU can't play in any bowl or title games. And my current school, Ohio, definitely won't, well at least on the national stage.

So on the national stage, yeah, I'm rooting for somebody outside the SEC to finally do something. Am I not allowed to do that, or like other teams? :confused:

Last edited:

jwingfie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2008
Athens, GA
Well... Georgia looked okay. Clearly having suspensions has effected the defense. At the end of the day, a win's a win. It was hot as can be in Sanford stadium so we left at the end of the third. Next week will be the true test to see what the team has.

And my alma mater Ole Miss had a good scare against Cent. Arkansas. Luckily the pulled out the win. It's been a long time since both of my teams won on the same weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.