2012 iMac side by side with a Thunderbolt Display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Papester, Jan 1, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2012
    Does anybody have some pictures of the 2012 iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I'm trying to determine if the screens are that different from each other from a reflection standpoint.
  2. macrumors 6502a

May 3, 2011
    they are, seen 21 imac and TB display in store... imacs are a lot less reflective
  3. macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2012
    Yeah… I've got an ACD but I never noticed any reflections because I always take care of putting screens in the right places in order not to have them.

I was in the store the other day though and went to play a little with the new iMac. Looked nice. I then went to see a TB Display (mine isn't TB) and was shocked to see the difference. Isn't huge, don't get me wrong, it's just that I wasn't expecting any difference and there's some.

So yes. Less reflective. Still is, but less.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2012
    Was the difference observed when they were on, off or both ways. I think if it's when they are on it would bother me to have a 27" iMac next to a Thunderbolt display. I may have to rethink my purchase and go with two Thunderbolts and a Mac Mini.
  5. macrumors 65816

Jun 1, 2006
    It depends on your specific setup. In a light controlled environment, you probably wouldn't notice a difference. If you have a light source behind you, the new screen will show a more dulled out reflection than the Thunderbolt Display.
  6. macrumors 6502a

May 3, 2011
    Both of them were on.. of course, in the store, it was more lighty environment you have in living room.. that is all I can tell you, dont have them both at home:)
  7. macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2007
    Abilene TX