2013 13" MBA: Apple Store or MacMall

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gregpod9, Sep 16, 2013.

1. gregpod9, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

gregpod9
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I need to get a Mac by the middle of next week. I'm looking at the 13" MBA (i7, 8Gb, 256 GB SSD). Should I buy it through Apple Store or MacMall?

2. Yell0w
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

3. crzdcolombian
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

Buy which ever is cheapest. I think Macmall is usally cheaper then even the student discount.

Only time to buy directly from Apple is when your positive a new version of the mac you want is coming out. This one came out in March so I am 85% sure it won't be updated till next year. I have the new air and it's awesome !!!

My dads birthday is at the start of October and I knew a Mac show was happening a week or 2 later. I thought it was to update the iMacs but could have been ipads as well. My brother and sister made me buy him the iPad 3 so he had something to open on his birthday. I got it at microcenter to save 50 or $100 bucks. I really can't remember and the new ipad came out 2 weeks later. He didn't really care but I did.

My friend did the same thing but got it directly from Apple. Apple let him return the ipad and got the ipad 4 ...... :mad:

4. woodhaoji
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

really can't remember and the new ipad came out 2 weeks later. He didn't really care but I did.[​IMG]

5. curmudgeon32
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Everything else being equal, I'd just do Apple so as to avoid how much spam (physical mail and email) you're gonna get from MacMall.

6. gregpod9
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up ordering the 13" MBA (i7/8/256) at Apple instead of MacMall.

7. Yell0w
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Congrats on your new purchase!