Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audiomanph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2013
Hi guys,

Just got my 2013 MBA 13" i5/8gb/256gb last week. LG screen. It is all good except for one minor thing. The thumbnailz of the most visited sites in Google Chrome show incorrect or wrong colors (see attachment).

Anyone else encountering this?

Attachments

• example screenshot.png
    example screenshot.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 287

ylrd

macrumors member
May 25, 2013
Europe
Can't believe I wasted my time answering this crap

The colors are based on favicons and not on website content. And it has nothing to do with the MacBook Air.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi guys,

Just got my 2013 MBA 13" i5/8gb/256gb last week. LG screen. It is all good except for one minor thing. The thumbnailz of the most visited sites in Google Chrome show incorrect or wrong colors (see attachment).

Anyone else encountering this?

I'm not sure what the issue is from looking at your screen shot? From what I can see there the thumbnails look okay. Can you be more specific exactly what is wrong.

----------

The colors are based on favicons and not on website content. And it has nothing to do with the MacBook Air.

Nope... those are actual thumbnail shots of the page and have nothing to do with favicons.

audiomanph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2013
I'm not sure what the issue is from looking at your screen shot? From what I can see there the thumbnails look okay. Can you be more specific exactly what is wrong.

Ok. In the 1st attachment, the blue turned became orange-ish/brown-ish. Same goes to the 2nd attachment. Facebook and Twitter's blue became a different color.

It is really a minor issue anyway. Just wanted to know if it happens to other people as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 10.19.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 10.19.15 AM.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 93

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Yes, it happens to me too! 2013 Air 13" i5/8GB/128. I have a Samsung screen, so it's not that.

CLcM9jz.png

It's most obvious in the first thumbnail, that image should look like this: https://si0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/874986549/173de28505ae67be23f763fd5de058b2.jpeg You can see the top yellowy half turns blue, however it looks like green bottom half comes through fine. The second thumbnail is facebook, and the top blue facebook bar has turned a brown color. And in the last thumbnail is the same thing. That blue should be a yellow-orange color.

Kind of bizarre. Upgraded from a MBP 2009 that this never happened on, and my Windows 8 desktop PC shows them fine as well.

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Ok. In the 1st attachment, the blue turned became orange-ish/brown-ish. Same goes to the 2nd attachment. Facebook and Twitter's blue became a different color.

It is really a minor issue anyway. Just wanted to know if it happens to other people as well.

I see what you mean. I primarily use Safari, and just use Chrome for Flash sites, so have not noticed. I just did a test with a handful of sites, and a couple the colors are off. I don't see it in any other app, just Chrome.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
If it's showing up in screenshots, which seems to be the case, then it isn't an issue with the screen. It's probably a bug in Chrome.

audiomanph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2013
Yup definitely an issue with Chrome. But very weird though as it only (?) happens with the new MBA. But anyway, thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.