2013 MBA and Google Chrome Thumbnails

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by audiomanph, Jul 26, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Just got my 2013 MBA 13" i5/8gb/256gb last week. LG screen. It is all good except for one minor thing. The thumbnailz of the most visited sites in Google Chrome show incorrect or wrong colors (see attachment).

Anyone else encountering this?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors member

ylrd

Can't believe I wasted my time answering this crap

The colors are based on favicons and not on website content. And it has nothing to do with the MacBook Air.

3. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

I'm not sure what the issue is from looking at your screen shot? From what I can see there the thumbnails look okay. Can you be more specific exactly what is wrong.

----------

Nope... those are actual thumbnail shots of the page and have nothing to do with favicons.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. In the 1st attachment, the blue turned became orange-ish/brown-ish. Same goes to the 2nd attachment. Facebook and Twitter's blue became a different color.

It is really a minor issue anyway. Just wanted to know if it happens to other people as well.

Attached Files:

5. Code.Red, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013

macrumors regular

Yes, it happens to me too! 2013 Air 13" i5/8GB/128. I have a Samsung screen, so it's not that.

[​IMG]

It's most obvious in the first thumbnail, that image should look like this: https://si0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/874986549/173de28505ae67be23f763fd5de058b2.jpeg You can see the top yellowy half turns blue, however it looks like green bottom half comes through fine. The second thumbnail is facebook, and the top blue facebook bar has turned a brown color. And in the last thumbnail is the same thing. That blue should be a yellow-orange color.

Kind of bizarre. Upgraded from a MBP 2009 that this never happened on, and my Windows 8 desktop PC shows them fine as well.

6. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

I see what you mean. I primarily use Safari, and just use Chrome for Flash sites, so have not noticed. I just did a test with a handful of sites, and a couple the colors are off. I don't see it in any other app, just Chrome.

7. macrumors 68040

If it's showing up in screenshots, which seems to be the case, then it isn't an issue with the screen. It's probably a bug in Chrome.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup definitely an issue with Chrome. But very weird though as it only (?) happens with the new MBA. But anyway, thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. :)