Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Thread title. Came across a brand new, still sealed, 2016 model in gold (I'm not partial to it. Probably one of my least favorite colors) for 800. Do you guys think this is a very good deal or a meh deal. I had the 2015 macbook when it first came out and returned it as the entry price was a bit high for what I paid. Also, the redesigned MBP I'm assuming will be lighter but not as light as the macbook (although it will be a great deal faster).

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
considering most places discount it to about $1100... seems almost too good to be true. make sure it isn't (too good to be true). at that price, gold would look just fine... :cool:

toddzrx

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Yes it's a good deal. Heck, if I were you I'd turn around and sell it for $1000.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Are you SURE that this is a "brand-new, still sealed" rMB? Maybe you didn't know that it's easy enough for people to put what looks like original factory plastic sealing on a box which has in fact been opened and where the product inside might not be brand-new at all.....

This price sounds just too good to be true. Run, don't walk, away from this!

Komiidian

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
I thinkg that's a good deal - unless you're into heavy duty computing like editing vids, using music software or heavy photoshopping.

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
unlikely to be someone who is unloading it that cheap unless there's a bad reason...not new, stolen, who knows. I wouldn't do it.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
unlikely to be someone who is unloading it that cheap unless there's a bad reason...not new, stolen, who knows. I wouldn't do it.

QFE. Ask a lot of questions. I had a similar product on my local craigslist ... Googled the guy's number, and he was repeatedly excused of selling stolen products. I reported it to the police.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.