Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
I'm torn too and in the end, I decided that I just can't decide right now with so little concrete information about how reliable any of them are so I'm just going to go with a multi-port USB3 dongle and a few USB-C->USB-A adapters for at least a few months until a clear winner or at least more info comes through.

That is probably a good idea... they are $100+ or so (Canadian) so its not like its an insignificant purchase. I just don't want to be stuck needing HDMI or SD and have to scramble...

The toughest day to wait out... its so close...

01/19/2017 6:32 Your package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Which device did you ordered?

Uppps, sorry! I forgot the details. It was late (or rather so late it was early) when I wrote that. I ordered the max spec 15".
[doublepost=1484856511][/doublepost]
That is probably a good idea... they are $100+ or so (Canadian) so its not like its an insignificant purchase. I just don't want to be stuck needing HDMI or SD and have to scramble...

I figure that I'd need the dongles/adapters anyway when I travel so they wouldn't go to waste no matter what. My office setup will be a little clumsy for a few months, but I'll have a better idea what the best setup for me. I went through this ordeal with USB3 hubs. I bought one after another because I didn't do my homework on what each was capable of doing.

"I plug stuff into it, how complicated could it be?" That was my thinking. Consequently, I have three USB3 hubs. I'm not doing that again.

Last edited:

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
Uppps, sorry! I forgot the details. It was late (or rather so late it was early) when I wrote that. I ordered the max spec 15".
[doublepost=1484856511][/doublepost]

I figure that I'd need the dongles/adapters anyway when I travel so they wouldn't go to waste no matter what. My office setup will be a little clumsy for a few months, but I'll have a better idea what the best setup for me. I went through this ordeal with USB3 hubs. I bought one after another because I didn't do my homework on what each was capable of doing.

"I plug stuff into it, how complicated could it be?" That was my thinking. Consequently, I have three USB3 hubs. I'm not doing that again.

I was about to jump the gun right away and luckily didn't as I see some USB devices don't work with some of the HUBs. I think the Apple one is good in the sense that I believe it will work... just wish it had SD, but again I can get a stand a lone for that...

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
I was about to jump the gun right away and luckily didn't as I see some USB devices don't work with some of the HUBs. I think the Apple one is good in the sense that I believe it will work... just wish it had SD, but again I can get a stand a lone for that...

I'm not sure which Apple adapters you're talking about. I assume it's the USB-C to USB-A dongles. I was going to go with those, but Apple wasn't clear in detailing what it could support and it had bad reviews for questionable USB 3.0 support. That made me go another direction. I went completely minimalist to make it easier to lean on my existing stash of USB-A type devices for now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AUKU1OO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't get my MBP until tomorrow though so I don't know definitively if I made the right call.

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
I'm not sure which Apple adapters you're talking about. I assume it's the USB-C to USB-A dongles. I was going to go with those, but Apple wasn't clear in detailing what it could support and it had bad reviews for questionable USB 3.0 support. That made me go another direction. I went completely minimalist to make it easier to lean on my existing stash of USB-A type devices for now.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AUKU1OO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't get my MBP until tomorrow though so I don't know definitively if I made the right call.

I was referring more to this:

http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/produc...2bba85546be432b92e2fd233e87e6669d13cada4514ab

I don't need anything too professional, just need something i can keep in my bag so that when I need an adaptor I have one.

I am also strongly considering this:

http://www.snapnator.com

Unprincipled

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2009
@Unprincipled that makes perfect sense.
Thank you very much for the explanation!

You're welcome! Any news on your MBP yet? Mine was also ordered on 03/01 and scheduled to be delivered today (in The Netherlands).

However... mine is still on 'shipment information received'. Just got off the phone with Apple and they claim DHL messed up so it won't be delivered today :( Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. Quite a disappointment!

Reactions: WRONG

WRONG

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2015
Principality of Sealand
Mine is reported as "right on time", and is traveling in some van around my city by exactly four hours. (9.40)
I'm constantly checking my window on the street every time I heard a car noise.
My God...

by the way: DHL have a strange approach to travels, as it would have been easier to ship it directly from Eindhoven to my city, instead of making it through Amsterdam and Leipzig! o_O
It doesn't make sense!

Unprincipled

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2009
Mine is reported as "right on time", and is traveling in some van around my city by exactly four hours. (9.40)
I'm constantly checking my window on the street every time I heard a car noise.
My God...

by the way: DHL have a strange approach to travels, as it would have been easier to ship it directly from Eindhoven to my city, instead of making it through Amsterdam and Leipzig! o_O
It doesn't make sense!

Good to hear! Hope you'll have it soon :) Shipping from Eindhoven to Amsterdam often takes DHL packages via Brussels. Their logistics probably make perfect sense from a financial point of view, but not for normal people ;-)

Here the status is still stuck on 'Shipment information received'. However............. My MBP just got delivered here :D Even though Apple assured me this morning - and apologized many times - that it would not be delivered today :)

Reactions: WRONG

IAM91

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2017
Lillehammer, Norway
I ordered my MBP 13" Tb yesterday (19th) with the basic configurations except for RAMs which I changed to 16GB. Shipping within 5-7 days and delivery on 7-9 February. I've been in and out just hoping the status will change even though is says 5-7 days. Suddenly this one time it said that there was something wrong with my credit card. As far as I know, Apple withdraws money when the shipment is sent, right? But when I solved the issue with the card, everything was the same, still shipping within 5 - 7 days and delivery on 7-9 February. Someone experienced the same or know why this happened? I was thinking that the issue with the card would come up when they where doing the shipment ready, and that it would delay the whole delivery a couple of days, but everything is the same. Do anyone know if they're maybe making it ready to ship already, or is it just a random coincident?

Last edited:

WRONG

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2015
Principality of Sealand
Here the status is still stuck on 'Shipment information received'. However............. My MBP just got delivered here :D Even though Apple assured me this morning - and apologized many times - that it would not be delivered today :)

Instead for me, after I waited for the whole morning, at 14.15 I refreshed the DHL website just to discover that at 14.03 they "attempted" to deliver it but they didn't find me home... the curious thing is, I received an other pack from DHL at 14.07. (The Satechi USB-C hub). Apparently the courier was looking at the wrong side of the road.
o_O :mad: :rolleyes:
And now, after I call the service, they made another shipment, it started today morning at 7.05 and it's still not here.
I'm starting to get really pissed off by DHL.
Das ist wirklich Scheiße!

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Instead for me, after I waited for the whole morning

I had a similar story, but it was simply that UPS got delayed and didn't update their shipment estimate. My package didn't arrive at their distribution center until 5pm, which clearly means it's not gonna get delivered that day, but they never notified me so I waited until 9pm. Yes, I waited until that late because my house has got to be literally the last house on someone's route and I've received packages as late as 8:30pm.

Well, add insult to injury, but I guess a few more days won't really matter after two months of waiting.

Proteinaceous

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2004
It is here, it is glorious!

I love everything about it...

ZERO palm issues, touch bar is cool, love playing with it
I concur 100% with your opinion. So far, I'm not seeing any of the issues that folks have been experiencing (battery issues, scratches, palm issues, etc).

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
After much consideration, I bought a MBP 13" MTO 3.1ghz/16gb/1tb.

Order placed on 1/17 around noon pst.
Began standard shipping in Shanghai 1/20 4:17am local.
Expected arrival west coast US is 1/26 by 8pm PST

pyvM4ZX.png

senthor

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
Mine is sitting in Amsterdam Airport waiting to go through customs… So delivery probably Tuesday :)
Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-22 um 09.35.15.png

WRONG

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2015
Principality of Sealand
Well, add insult to injury, but I guess a few more days won't really matter after two months of waiting.

Three weeks :p
Yeah I know, it doesn't make sense, but knowing that my 2900€ new computer was finally coming to me, and instead it was delayed and moved from pillar to post for another day, drive me crazy.
Anyway, it arrived yesterday, sane and safe, without scratches or problems.
I already experienced my first kernel panic, probably thanks to Satechi HUB, but I have to admit the Mac went through it without great problems.
Now I'm transferring data and applications, and in a few day I'll start monitoring the battery. :cool:

jambon

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
London
Ordered 2.7/460/512 space grey 15 inch to UK on 8th Jan. Card charged 20th Jan, preparing for shipment as of last night, 22nd Jan. Still refreshing..

Reactions: IAM91

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
After much consideration, I bought a MBP 13" MTO 3.1ghz/16gb/1tb.

Order placed on 1/17 around noon pst.
Began standard shipping in Shanghai 1/20 4:17am local.
Expected arrival west coast US is 1/26 by 8pm PST
This was delivered west coast this morning 10:38am PST, 3 days early.

I won't have my hands on it until later this week, but for the record: the MTO took just under 6 days from order to delivery.

digitalm3

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
SoCal
unfortunately I thought I was finished with this thread but i've been working with Apple on a Bluetooth issue and they decided to return it and re-order. Thankfully I ordered it on the 20th with 1-2 week delivery estimate but my card was just charged so i suspect it will already ship in the next day or two. I'm a bit bummed but I took the opportunity to upgrade the SSD to 1TB instead of 512GB. I doubt I will ever need that much but you never know what I will be doing tomorrow :)

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
I took the opportunity to upgrade the SSD to 1TB instead of 512GB. I doubt I will ever need that much but you never know what I will be doing tomorrow :)

If you can afford it, you will never regret having more storage space than you need. It's like that saying about you can never be too rich or too good looking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.