Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
I wished Ford was part of the group.

They are. Kind of. With their new Sync 3 infotainment system. It's slowly rolling out, but available on:

(All 2016's)

-Edge
-Fiesta
-Focus
-Mustang
-C-MAX
-Escape
-Expedition
-F-150
-Transit

Sync 3 uses app support but "Ford is planning to offer Apple's and Android's API in the future, Williams said, but there's no specific release date."

Hyundai also has it on their 2015/16 Sonata and 2016 Tuscon (coming soon with software update). Not sure why they aren't included on this list

lostczech

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2009
What's with the hate for the Mitsubishi Mirage? Can anyone else show a better-looking new car that costs $13,000 and comes with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty?
It's a 3 cylinder crap box. I had one as a rental and hated every minute of driving it

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
The USA is not the only market in the world you know. I know that this is US Centric site but US tastes are very different to many other parts of the World. They have been making big strides in Europe. The Outlander is not a vehicle that the US would like. The suspension is stiff. i.e. they don't wallow around like a... well you fill in the blanks. More European than most US made cars (Ford, GM etc).
I travel to the US at least three times a year. Most of the rentals I get are really rubbish. The best was a Subaru (from Budget in Denver).
So when was the last time you saw a Skoda in the USA?

You don't seem to understand. Mitsubishi the car company is struggling. Not just in the US but everywhere. Stop taking it as a personal attack. The fact is that Mitsu is headed out of business period.

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
The USA is not the only market in the world you know. I know that this is US Centric site but US tastes are very different to many other parts of the World. They have been making big strides in Europe. The Outlander is not a vehicle that the US would like. The suspension is stiff. i.e. they don't wallow around like a... well you fill in the blanks. More European than most US made cars (Ford, GM etc).
I travel to the US at least three times a year. Most of the rentals I get are really rubbish. The best was a Subaru (from Budget in Denver).
So when was the last time you saw a Skoda in the USA?

Skoda is owned by VW. VW has enough trouble selling their higher end vehicles in the US, especially since Dieselgate. They certainly won't be bringing in a down market marque, especially when so many other companies have been killing off and consolidating marques (Ford with Mercury, GM with Oldsmobile, Saturn and Pontiac). For what it's worth I prefer European styled vehicles, but I'm in the minority it seems.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Why all the doom and gloom? FY2014 was a record-breaking profitable year for Mitsubishi America, and so far 2015 is looking even better.

koolzero

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
I have an Evo with oem nav and the stereo is really good but I would love to have car play. I wonder if one of these head units would plug directly into my car and everything work the same. I'm sure it's not going to be cheap though. Would have to wait for used ones :(

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
I can't believe they are still in business.
I believe the Mirage was once voted worst car for sale in the U.S.

AppleFan78

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2014
What's with the hate for the Mitsubishi Mirage? Can anyone else show a better-looking new car that costs $13,000 and comes with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty?
Don't forget over 40 miles per gallon, and no giant batteries needed...

Fortimir

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I put a Kenwood DDX9902S CarPlay/AndroidAuto unit in my Pontiac Solstice this summer. I agree that I'd love to see a LOT more capability from CarPlay, but it sure is useful and a good start.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Tried out CarPlay yesterday... I want it to be... more, I guess.

Maybe it was the stereo, but I want Bluetooth capability to link, and not have another USB port on my dash.

But, then again, having the USB lets me charge my phone, and I do that anyway.

Well, there you have it. I talked myself back into liking it!

Well, when the iPhone 7 supports wireless charging you'll be back in the same conundrum. (and carplay supports wireless connections)

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
That car looks like everything that is not apple.....

Yet, it FUNCTIONS just like most Apple products! Mid level performace, not enough storage.

In fact, 'Mirage' is what Apple should name their computer line! Since they LOOK awesome, but then when you actually want to use them ... you find out things like, for instance, a 5400rpm HDD in an new 2015 iMac doesn't really cut it, or the 'gorgeous' new macbook has performace that's worse than your friggin' iPad, etc.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
Yet, it FUNCTIONS just like most Apple products! Mid level performace, not enough storage.

In fact, 'Mirage' is what Apple should name their computer line! Since they LOOK awesome, but then when you actually want to use them ... you find out things like, for instance, a 5400rpm HDD in an new 2015 iMac doesn't really cut it.

Hasn't this been beaten to death now. Yes it sucks, yes Apple is ****** for doing it, but its done and bringing it up in unrelated threads isn't going to change it.

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
Hasn't this been beaten to death now. Yes it sucks, yes Apple is ****** for doing it, but its done and bringing it up in unrelated threads isn't going to change it.

Aw come'on, I was having fun with his quote that it doesn't 'look' like an Apple product. Playing off the fact that most people seem to care more how thier tech looks than what it can actually do. So I think it was at least somewhat related - you can grant me that, right?
And while it has been discussed a good bit, I don't think it's 'beaten to death'. Heck, we need to keep bitching and maybe one day Apple will change their course. Either way, I'll leave it alone in this thread.

Happy Thanksgiving!

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008

In fact, 'Mirage' is what Apple should name their computer line! Since they LOOK awesome, but then when you actually want to use them ... you find out things like, for instance, a 5400rpm HDD in an new 2015 iMac doesn't really cut it, or the 'gorgeous' new macbook has performace that's worse than your friggin' iPad, etc.

You missed the irony that this of all the Mitsubishi cars gets car play first. There is some good cars in the range.

Comparing computers to cars never works. Have you not heard apple = BMW or better in the car segment...

MasterRyu2011

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2014
Wait what? I thought Car Play and Android Auto have already rolled out to Hondas and Toyotas. Or is it only Android Auto

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.