20G iPod screen?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by advres, Dec 8, 2004.

1. advres Guest

advres

Ok all,

Well I really did it now. I was on the train and I had my earbuds wrapped around my iPod in my laptop bag. I guess I must have leaned against the bag too much while on the way home because I busted the LCD screen on my old 20G iPod.

It works 100% fine but I really wish I could read the screen. the screen is pretty much shot even where the LCD isn't all smashed out. Basically I have a nice pod with no UI now.

Question: How expensive would it be to have the screen replaced if it is even possible? If it is possible, is it a job I could do myself?
    or
    Do you think I should just suck it up, sell it on eBay for anything I can get for it and buy the new rev with the click wheel? My co-worker just got the new click wheel full size pod and I love it but I hate to spend the money when I do have one that works.

here is a crappy pic of the broken screen:
    [​IMG]

2. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

As much as I hate to say this: you're screwed. I'm so sorry that you like lost it... that sucks supremely. I'd sell the thing off for parts on eBay and you might get 100-130 for it - then bite the bullet and grab the new 20GB click wheel or a mini (either way @ this pt i'd wait until MWSF). Sorry for your misfortune.

3. advres thread starter Guest

advres

You know, that's what i though but I figured I would ask. I snowboard at least 3-4 times a week during the winter so I am gonna keep this until the season is over. No sence in buying a brand new one and ***** it up right away...even thought my jacket is literally made for the ipod. ;)

notice the controls on the sleeve...ya...i'm a geek :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

4. iceTrX macrumors regular

5. advres thread starter Guest

advres