20gb ipod color won't wake up

Discussion in 'iPod' started by haagarth, Sep 19, 2005.

1. haagarth macrumors newbie

My two week old ipod color freezes when if it falls asleep while listening to files that I have recorded using Audio Hijack Pro. These files are recorded radio streams. It occurs with mp3s, AAC, and bookmarkable AAC. I have tried stereo and mono files. It does not occur with everyone of these files and I have not been able to determine a pattern. I have had it occur with one or two mp3 podcasts as well. The only way to get it back operating is with a reset.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. Most of information I have found online deals with mono bookmarkable aac files (mostly audiobooks). I have also tried the suggestion of using the sleep menu option to put it to sleep, but it still freezes. I have also tried a restore with no luck and with and without disk mode being enabled.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If the iPod was being rotated or bumped a bit before it froze, then I'd say it's probably just a normal side-effect of hard drive-based MP3 players, sorry. However, it's only two weeks old so if there is a problem you'll be wanting to get onto it (see the place you got it from) as soon as possible. :)