1. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

I got a 20GB iPod last christmas and it came with and engraving of my name on it. The new iPods that are supposedly coming tomorrow look quite impressive. Would I be able to sell the iPod with the engravings removed or with them? The problem is it has my address on it.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Unless you can find a way to get rid of the engravings, I wouldn't bother. You're just exposing yourself to identity theft if you do.

3. Artimus macrumors newbie

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Artimus -
    The new iPods aren't going to be available in 10GB capacities, as far as I'm aware (at least that's what the rumors say). What, then, are you trying to ask the original poster?

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If you can remove the engraving or cover it up, and if you can post pictures of the new back, honestly saying that there had been an engraving and that you removed it, you should be able to sell, albeit at a lower price.

Apple encourages engraving, among other reasons, because it makes the iPods harder to sell and hence gets more poeple to buy new ones.

6. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

If it still works dont sell, just wait till it stops working, get your moneys worth out of it first.