20in Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by psycho bob, Jan 13, 2004.

1. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I ordered a 20in Cinema display from the apple store last wednesdy around 2pm, the expected build time was 1-3 days.I ordered it with a BT keyboard and DVI-ADC adaptor both of which shared the same expected build time. When I went to check the order status in the new look order status section of the store the ship date said on or before the 12th of Jan. Well here we are midday on the 13th and no sign of a change in status. When I went throught the apple store again to check the latest build times for the cinema display apple are now quoting 3-5 days. What's going on?
    Is there a vast shortage of 20in displays are we looking at a possible change of product? Is anybody else in the same possition?

2. Bear macrumors G3

There are several possibilities.
    • They got a lot more orders last week then they expected on the 20" display.
    • There is (or was) a delay in getting units through customs.
    • Apple is backlogged in updating shipping information.
    • Apple might be releasing new products next week. But that is not a given fact.
    It is probably some combo of the first three items.

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I vote for new product release - they are long overdue.

4. psycho bob thread starter macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

well I know why my order is late, apparently apple's new ordering system has led to 1000's of people having their finances queried, if your order is late check with your bank then phone apple.
    That doesn't change the fact that the current build time for displays is 3-5 days almost double what it was a week ago.

5. Bear macrumors G3

Still covered by my post above. Customs, or order quantities or build issues.