20yrs Between Apple Purchases

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TexBiker, Apr 30, 2006.

1. TexBiker macrumors newbie

In 1986, my parents bought me an Apple IIc. I loved that computer since it was so "high-tech" compared to the IIe's we used in school. :) I used it until 1990 when I switched to PC's in college. This weekend I ordered a new 20" iMac to replace my "main" home PC. I'm looking forward to reintroduction to the world of Apple.

I'll still keep a few Wintel machines on my home network and I'll have to install XP on the iMac for my financial software, but I plan to use OS X for the bulk of my non-business needs around the house...video/photo editing, music, web browsing, email, light gaming. I doubt I'll wait another 20yrs before I buy another one!

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Congratulations on the purchase! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on whether you think Apple Mac's are proportionally 'more advanced' than PC's compared with 20 years ago. I think the differences have become more subtle, but they're there.

3. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I think your a switcher. 20 years without a Mac - your Mac ownership has expired since 1995. :p