23.98 to 29.97

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Joe K, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Joe K macrumors newbie

I have a self contained of a project that I did a while ago (it's 23.98), now the client requested the material for tv, with some minor modifications, and it has to be 29.97.

I used cinematoools to conform my clip to 29.97 but when i import it in FC the audio is speed up and the voices sound like alvin and the chipmunks.

what am I doing wrong? can you guys give me a hand?

thanks

J

2. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Alright...

What you could do is print to video the native 23.98 timeline. Going back to tape will add interlacing for you.:cool:

Or you could drop the 23.98 footage into a 29.97 timeline and render it, then do whatever you want...;)

Cheers

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

a program like ffmpegX would also be able to convert the final video file but some quality would be lost.

4. Joe K thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I guess I'll print to video and then recapture.

JK

5. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

6. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

You'll need to add pulldown frames to the 23.976 video to pad it out to 29.97. Use Nattress' Add Pulldown filter as your first step.

You may also use Adobe After Effects to add pulldown.

7. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Ya know, I have that filter, and I didn't even think of it... Nattress has some handy little filters...

Still easy to print to video... but why recapture? You can edit whatever it is in 23.98 mode and then drop it to tape. What does said client want as a final media??

8. Joe K thread starter macrumors newbie

you are right I did everything in 23.98 and then print to video I worked really good:D , thanks everyone