23" ACD and the color PINK

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aminadab, Sep 5, 2005.

1. aminadab macrumors regular

Ok, after getting them to switch out my monitor today for dead pixel issues, I bring the new monitor home and put on a movie and... PINK in three corners. So I've read about this. Are pretty much all the 23"s like this. I guess I'm looking to see if there are any owners who actually have one of these without dead pixels and without the pink corners. I love the way this thing looks, but for 1500... you know how it goes. Thanks.

2. NicP macrumors 6502

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

There was JUST a post about this... the dude returned it and got a replacement at an Apple Store.

4. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

aminadab

There seem to be pink issues with the 23" yes, but I tend to believe they have 'resolved' them in the latest production screens.

You can check to see when your screen was produced with the serial number.

Enter it at the url here, it will give you the manufacture date and week, can you post it here, so we know it too? (blank out the sn if you want)

http://consument.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

thx

5. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Now you are a lot of help! Maybe the original poster wants to have a big monitor that actually looks cool standing around, one thing that can't be said about black plastic crap.
    ;)

6. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

When I decided to get a 23" ACD, I had a same fear that this model might have been still plagued with this pink tint syndrome. Since Apple Stores charge a re-stocking fee if I return after opening it, I purchased this 23" model from CompUSA which has more liberal exchange policy. I have both 20" and 23" and both monitors are very nice and as far as I can see, they are perfect in terms of clarity, no dead/stcuk pixel, even back light lighting, and etc. I think this pink tint problems only afflicted an earlier model of 23" ACD. I bought it about less than 6 months ago.

7. NicP macrumors 6502

i quite like my dell, function over form ;)

8. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

I love my 23" Display. Just take it back and try to get it resolved. Say you bought a monitor that was touted to be color-critical and there's a tint. As far as when the pink tints occur, I think they still are manufactured. I believe that the manufacturing plant increased they quality checks so less get through, but it doesn't seem to be 100% or the pink tint occurs during shipping.

9. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

I think i am going to get my 23" acd tomorrow so hopefullly this pink corners thing is resolved