23" Apple Display Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mac2004, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Mac2004 macrumors regular

I just purchased a new 23 inch Apple Cinema HD display (older one before the aluminum ones). I love it!!! I have a new PowerMac G5 (dual 1.8, 1 gig memory).

Here's the question.....

Will the NVidia GeForce 5200 Ultra video/graphic card (64MB) in my G5 work okay with this large 23 inch Apple LCD display?? Or do I need to replace it? I use my computer for email, internet, word processing spread sheets, web cam, photos, etc. I am not a big game player but even if I was would games work out okay on my new 23" monitor??? Or should I have gotten the old 20" one?

Also, how come the monitor won't go super bright if I want it to. Don't get me wrong, the brightness is very easy on the eyes but I just wanted to see if I could make it even brighter. I notice that the whites are more softer looking and not super bright and i have the brightness turned up all the way. Are the older Cinema displays known for their soft kodachrome effect? Just curious....

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk