23" Display and MBP question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by prevacidman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. prevacidman macrumors member

My Color profile on MBP is different than on 23" Apple display...should they be set the same and if so to what profile. I notice a big difference in Photoshop Elements when dragging pics from one screen to the other. Thanks in advance.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No...they should not be set to the same color profile, because the color profile adjusts the output based on the display's characteristics... the two displays have different characteristics (like exactly how relatively bright the reds, greens, and blues are, the lamp brightness curve, etc).

I would suggest color calibrating both displays using system preferences -- you have to do it independently, generating two color profiles (one per display). If you do both of them yourself, and try to follow the same process as you do it, then you should end up with a state where the two screens are very similar.

The ACD comes pre-calibrated, if its relatively new, but this (re-calibrating both) is probably a more straightforward way to get them both to be the same....