23'' TV for gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by zap2, Jan 10, 2007.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    I've been looking at this TV, its a Philips 23" LCD HDTV "Monitor"

Its 400...which seems reasonable, and the connections seem to support the Wii and Apple TV...its .(if it doesn't please tell me)

Its 1366 x 768p, which I know Apple TV supports fully, but my worry about it is the Wii. What will happen? Will I get 480p or no?(I had the HD cables for the Wii)

Also my last worry is if 23'' is to small. My ACD is 20'' but I'm normal with in 3 feets of it, max. For this I'd be 15 feet max...do you think it will be do small, and I should look for 480p CRT TV?
  2. pionata macrumors 6502

Oct 12, 2005
    You cant get some bigger cheaper brand but you have to be carefull. With the 30 days back no questions of Best buy / Futurshop its not such a risk.

I got a Insignia 32" (made by sharp for futur shop and bestbuy) which has an amazing picture clarity for the price (699$ canadian during boxind day). Really, the only difference I could see with the sony was that the blacks arent so good (but are blacks worth the extra 600$ ? - not for me). There was some more expensive tv that looked much crappier (Envision...)

I felt less than 32" was too small... Now my 23" acd look so tiny beside that tv.... I cant imagine I wanted to play on that.