23' woes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by FireArse, Nov 4, 2006.

1. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I purchased a 23' Display back when there was a great deal of fuss about yellowing on white screens on the edges.

When I purchased it, I did so because I knew I was going to get AppleCare. However, When I actually got to using it (since Feb 2005) I haven't noticed ANY issues. Im not aheavy graphic user, this (and the newer mac pro) are basically toys.

However, I sat and watched a film with a friend mid-week, and noticed the patches of Yellow on the letter-boxed areas of the film. It should have been black - but I saw them. I must admit - the Screen was the only source of light in the room, but nonetheless I'd like Apple to take a look at it under the AppleCare agreement.

My question is this: Now that there is a newer style of 23' (well spec wise anyway) do think they may replace it with a newer spec screen? Or will they look at it and say 'within spec mate, F off'

Many thanks for your time,

F

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Off colour is off colour. I don't think there's going to be any argument on that front.

3. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

I think they give you old spec if they still have them, which I very much doubt.

So lets hope you get a new model :)

4. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

By the way 23' is 23 feet
    23" is 23 inches

Don't mean to be a git, but it is amusing to imagine a 23 foot screen. :D