24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hinkhous, Mar 12, 2002.

1. hinkhous macrumors member

The Apple Store is open 24 hours per day.

May 24th, 1985: Sculley and Jobs have a hard argument that day. Sculley asks the executives to choose sides between Jobs and himself. This later led to Jobs being stripped of all operational responsibilities with the company.

October 24th, 1985: John Sculley signs the worst contract Apple ever has made. He agrees that Microsoft may use some Mac GUI (Graphical User Interface) technologies if it continues producing software for the Mac (Word, Excel). If Sculley wouldn't have signed this deal Windows would have never been introduced since the similarities to the MacOS were so obvious that Apple would have easily won any lawsuits against Microsoft!

August 24th , 1993: The court decides that Windows 2.0.3 was covered by the 1985 deal between Apple and Microsoft.

January 24th, 1997: MacOS 7.6 is introduced, <joke> a monumental triumph for the OS that introduced improvements to virtual memory and extensions manager.</joke>

March 24th, 2001: MacOS X 10.0 is officially released. It is a silent release since Apple wants to have a major release event in July at MacWorldExpo when MacOS X 10.1 ships. At that time numerous third-party software will be available for MacOS X.

And well, the iPod debuted on the 23rd. Darn thing anyway!

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

GUI

Actually, if you goto www.apple-history.com, and look up GUI, you'll find a different story about the Apple/Microsoft GUI lawsuit.....

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

4. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

hm, the problem i have with the story on that link is it ignored the fact that apple legally obtained the gui concept from xerox. apple may have gotten the idea from them, but they paid for it. this makes the fact that windows got the idea for free even more damning since clearing the laws that be had earlier decided that apple needed to compensate xerox in order to develop a GUI, while years later they decided that windows could just steal the idea without legally obtaining permission to it.

(i believe apple gave xerox shares?)

5. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

Television show 24

You forgot to add that the FOX show 24 features the good guys using macs, and the bad guys use peecee's

6. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

7. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I hate to add to this, but...

Anyone notice where Apple's stock price has been trading around lately?

You guessed it.

24!!!!!

Matthew

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: I hate to add to this, but...

don't remind me:(

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

24 hours in a day....24 beers in a case!!

ps: I don't even drink beer....but thought I'd jump on the bandwagon... ;)

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

24 packs of cigarettes in a carton, but only in my state

11. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

So Stupid!

Yea, and errrmmm...Apple's G4. 4+3 (g3) equals 7,which is the number of days the Apple Store is open in a week. 7+24(number of hours Apple Store is open) equals 31(number of days in the average month). Now subtact 11(OS 10.1 10+1=11) and you get 20. 20 minus 15(number of full moons per year) equals 5. 5 is the next revolution in the Apple chip...G5!

This is so stupid. That 24 thing is so increadibly dumb.

12. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Re: So Stupid!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The fact that you actually thought that out to post it to prove your point is magnificant!

Thats the most entertaining thing I've read since the chronicles of george! Thank you Mac_User for bringing a little bit of joy into my world.

13. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Re: Re: So Stupid!

You welcome. Makes me feel good when people laugh at my posts ;)
    Thanks for the post!

14. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

English

:confused: Mac_User, you're not one of those English profs that becomes famous for totally overanalyzing everything, and assigning importance to things that don't have any meaning whatsoever???

15. Biggles macrumors member

Re: So Stupid!

that's hilarious. I think i'll just have to make that my signiture. Please tell me if you have any objections, but that is just classic!