24" and Leopard- Hard to wait

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tthere5, Sep 9, 2006.

  1. tthere5 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2006
    Location:
    Phila, PA
    #1
    Couldn't be more psyched about getting the 24" iMac. I think I'm going to try to hold on till it comes with Leopard tho. Just because I can afford it now doesn't mean I want to drop another $200 in a few months. Anyone with me?
     
  2. Sobering macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2006
    Location:
    Canada
    #3
    Do you really want to be waiting upward of 6 months just for an OS with a few new features? OS X 10.5 isn't going to be that much different, with the exception of a few new programs. I think you should just buy the computer now and drop the $150 later when it actually comes out.
     
  3. Cider macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2006
    Location:
    Liverpool
    #4
    I'm with you tthere5. I think it boils down to juggling 'wanting' the upgrade and 'needing' the upgrade. I too will wait until Jaguar (and who knows maybe even an iLife '07 update).

    Then again, maybe i'll weaken once we get some feedback from those who have received their 24 inchers :D
     
  4. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

    aaron.lee2006

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2006
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #5
    Was that supposed to be a joke, incase it wasn't Jaguar was like 10.2 release long time ago with like iMac G3's. Leopard is the new one.
     
  5. nitynate macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2006
    Location:
    Clearwater, FL
    #6
    oooOOOOOooooOOOOO!!!!

    I cant wait for Jaguar. :rolleyes:


    And that iLife '02 upgrade??


    I am SO excited.

    Soon we may even get Powerbook G4's!
     
  6. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

    aaron.lee2006

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2006
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #7
    LOL, funny but he is obviously new too macs. So cut him a break :)
     
  7. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2006
    #8
    If you WANT an iMac just now, then get it. As for Leopard, you have no choice but to wait. And if you do not mind waiting, then wait a little longer and buy it second hand a month or two later. Or get a student friend to buy it for you.
     
  8. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

    aaron.lee2006

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2006
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #9
    Isn't that kind of illegal?
     
  9. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

    iJawn108

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2006
    #10
    3 weeks ago i had my visa in hand and walked into carbon computers to buy a mac... what don't they have the midrange macbook... so im playing with the iMacs and what dont they have in stock? the 20inchers.

    :( Now I will probibly just wait for either a kickass MBP(i have more $ to burn now) update in like the next 2 weeks or ill just wait it out till leopard/iLife 07/santa rosa.
     
  10. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2006
    #11
    Kind of illegal how.

    In either case, there is no criminal activity involved.
     

Share This Page