Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Why did he have to shoot curtis? Shoot him in the arm or something, Dang!

My prediction is that he is still alive, at least for a while. Jack can shoot well, he had no intention of killing Curtis. If he kills him, it was an accident. I have enough faith in Jack that his shot wasn't for the kill, and that he succeeded in a non-lethal shot.

Tony got shot in the neck in season 4, and continued to work the rest of the season.

Actually it's been established that he's her ex-husband too. And I think he's too much of a wise-ass to be a bad guy. I think he'll be one of the guys that obstructs the good guys through incompetence/bureaucracy/personal ambition/ego.

Dead on.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Interesting 4 hours - it seems like we're in for a good season, even though I get frustrated by the stupidity of some people, like the guy who gets the package for Kumar - he actually believes that a terrorist is going to let him live after he drops off the package? Or his son for that matter? Come on.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Interesting 4 hours - it seems like we're in for a good season, even though I get frustrated by the stupidity of some people, like the guy who gets the package for Kumar - he actually believes that a terrorist is going to let him live after he drops off the package? Or his son for that matter? Come on.

I had a major issue with this also. He would have to be super dumb not to realize he was going to die either way.

Aaaaaannnd, now hes dead!

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
They are going to make a movie aren't they? So i guess a dead Jack won't work well -- but they could set the movie before Jack was kidnapped to China???

There are gaps between seasons when they could set a 24 movie. But there are a few issues with making such a movie:

1) The storylines have progressed to the point where it would be confusing even to longtime fans if the story jumped backwards to fill in the overall story arc. Better to make it part of the overall history continuing from the previous season, then have the next season's events occur after the movie. X-Files did this, IIRC.

2) By definition, the 24-hour part doesn't exactly work for a movie. Would it be a real-time 2-3 hour movie? Would it be portions of a 24-hour period? Something's gotta give there.

3) The production schedule of one season of 24 is spread out over about ten months, including writing, preproduction, shooting, editing and post. It's pretty well-known that they don't finish writing the last few episodes until after the early episodes have started airing. So when would they have time to shoot a movie? And if it's part of the big 24 story arc like in 2), then they'd have to write the movie and at least parts of the preceding and following seasons way, way ahead of time, much farther in advance than they ever have before.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make a movie or that it wouldn't be good, just that there are some issues that would have to be ironed out. Here's one idea: make the movie the end of the series, with the final season ending on a cliffhanger, and the last two hours of action released as a feature film instead. But what do I know? :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
'24' doesn't have Jack on Globes ratings

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — The Golden Globes telecast got the best of Jack Bauer on Monday night. In the ratings, that is. The Globes, on NBC, grabbed 20 million viewers, while Fox’s ‘‘24’’ pulled in 15.7 million. It was the second year in a row the awards show came out on top.

The audience for ‘‘24’’ was also an upgrade in the ratings, rising from the 14.9 million who watched last season’s first episode.

jcarm24

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2005
C-Ville, VA
Sorry if this has been posted before, but i saw this site that as the Bauer Count - a list of every kill JB has had since the show started. Included are pics and video. Enjoy.

Bauer Count

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002

this frustrates me every season, if a terrorist makes you do something on 24 and promises you your life you're going to die. You might as well not do it for the good of the country ... but at the same time its our natural instinct to protect our own lives.

I also could go without hearing how long Kiefer is contracted for. He's not only got those season contracted but he's deeply tied in the production processes, and my guess is that he would let his character be killed off.

I listened to Kumar get interviewed on the Adam Carolla Show a while ago about his part, and they tried to get him to give a little bit about his character and he did a good job about hiding his true nature.

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
I also could go without hearing how long Kiefer is contracted for. He's not only got those season contracted but he's deeply tied in the production processes, and my guess is that he would let his character be killed off.

Wouldn't that be consistent with their habit of killing off characters unexpectedly though? Kiefer's contract extension was announced, but what if it's a ruse? Has anyone seen the contract? We need an investigation.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Wouldn't that be consistent with their habit of killing off characters unexpectedly though? Kiefer's contract extension was announced, but what if it's a ruse? Has anyone seen the contract? We need an investigation.

Who cares? I would be happy if this was the last season. 6 seasons is a perfect run time for an amazing show like this. Short enough to not bore viewers, and long enough to give viewers everything they want. Shows that go too long ruin it for me.

I do love my Jack Bauer though.

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
Who cares? I would be happy if this was the last season. 6 seasons is a perfect run time for an amazing show like this. Short enough to not bore viewers, and long enough to give viewers everything they want. Shows that go too long ruin it for me.

I do love my Jack Bauer though.

Sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I like how everyone jumps on the show for killing characters.

These people are supposed to be working in high risk terror situations while arresting and investigating these people. Well when you do that ... people die. I mean I don't think most of the characters dying has been unreasonable or unnecessary.

I think the unrealistic things are when they always make it just in time ... which they didn't this season.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
yeah, it's a tough balance between letting the audience build a relationship with characters, and get to care about them (especially when you're talking about the course of 1 day for a whole season), and being realistic in letting even "main" characters die... so far i think edgar's death affected me the most.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
When Edgar died I think that was maybe some of the best TV ever, Not often do I let TV get to me and that scene pulled me in like no other show ever has. The best shows grab your attention and you forget that you are watching TV but feel like you are in the scene.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
When Edgar died I think that was maybe some of the best TV ever, Not often do I let TV get to me and that scene pulled me in like no other show ever has. The best shows grab your attention and you forget that you are watching TV but feel like you are in the scene.

My thoughts exactly. I watch a lot of tv, and this is one of my favorite scenes ever.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I think after the end of day 6 Jack will not be able to handle everything and he will kill himself, That is my prediction. I think the movie will be a part of day 6 and Jack will die during the movie. As for the movie, If it happens like it is supposed to, They said that it would not be a 24 hour format as the movie had to fit into a 2 hour time frame.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
I think after the end of day 6 Jack will not be able to handle everything and he will kill himself, That is my prediction. I think the movie will be a part of day 6 and Jack will die during the movie. As for the movie, If it happens like it is supposed to, They said that it would not be a 24 hour format as the movie had to fit into a 2 hour time frame.

They should make the movie hours 23 and 24 of the final season. That way, it could potentially be a standalone movie (have a final conclusion), and everyone who watches 24 will see it.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
They should make the movie hours 23 and 24 of the final season. That way, it could potentially be a standalone movie (have a final conclusion), and everyone who watches 24 will see it.

Actually they need to run the show for one more season but limit the 7th season to 23 hours. Fox could then create the Jack Bauer network that runs all 7 seasons of the show back to back all week. Due to the missing hour, if you tune in at the same time on a particular night every week you'd get the next episode from where you left off last week.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Actually they need to run the show for one more season but limit the 7th season to 23 hours. Fox could then create the Jack Bauer network that runs all 7 seasons of the show back to back all week. Due to the missing hour, if you tune in at the same time on a particular night every week you'd get the next episode from where you left off last week.

Haha thats awesome.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity

my brain hurts trying to figure that out. ;)

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
my brain hurts trying to figure that out. ;)

I guess you could go the other direction for those wanting a new experience, make the 7th season 25 hours and start every episode with the caption 2 hours ago (the hour that just finished and now the one prior to that which will air).

Now if you tune in on the same night/same time every week you get the previous episode. Kind of like the backwards episode of Seinfeld or Memento.

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
I guess you could go the other direction for those wanting a new experience, make the 7th season 25 hours and start every episode with the caption 2 hours ago (the hour that just finished and now the one prior to that which will air).

Now if you tune in on the same night/same time every week you get the previous episode. Kind of like the backwards episode of Seinfeld or Memento.

Or just re-run last week's episode an hour before the new one. I wonder if that would get decent ratings. Some people might have missed it the first time and some would just watch it again.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Or just re-run last week's episode an hour before the new one. I wonder if that would get decent ratings. Some people might have missed it the first time and some would just watch it again.

That would be default in the "Jack Bauer network" with the six seasons of 24 and one of 23. Everyday all day the 7 seasons in order back to back. If you tune in every week on the same day at the same time you'll catch the next hour (you could watch all 7 seasons simultaneously if you tune in every night at the same time). But due to the "missing" hour in season 7 you'd shift the entire schedule one hour so you'd catch the episode that follows what ran at the same time last week. If you missed last week tune in an hour earlier....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.