24" Gateway LCD or BenQ LCD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bluetorch18, Dec 17, 2006.

1. bluetorch18 macrumors regular

Hello all, I'm trying to decide wether or not to get a Gateway LCD or a BenQ LCD. Does anyone have either model? If so could you give me an opinion? I heard the BenQ is higher quality, but lacks 1:1 mode. Yet, apparently they are having a firmware fix come out sooner than later to fix that up nicely. The Gateway is ~$700 and the BenQ is ~$800. Can anyone help me out please?

2. wako macrumors 65816

The gateway one seems cheaper and also has a better refresh time then that of the BenQ...

I say gateway since it is cheaper and has a better spec....

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I just got the 22 gateway, and love it. Does the benq have all the same connections? I can play my 360 in 1080i on my gateway.

4. bluetorch18 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah and it supports full 1080p with HDCP, the only difference is it doesn't have an HDMI port...but can't I always get a DVI->HDMI adapter...or will I lose alot of quality?

How does the 360 look on your Gateway? Nice and crisp colors? Any backlight bleeding or anything of the sort?

5. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

bluetorch18

HDMI is basically DVI with audio connectors and a ridiculous price tag - you won't get any loss of quality :)

6. bluetorch18 thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet...thats really making this a difficult decision. Has anyone seen both of these monitors and can say which one is better? Anyone own either?

7. onthat macrumors regular

onthat

I found the 24" gateway a compelling buy, though the plastic casing was a turn-off. The 90 degree auto rotate might be useful for surfing the forums:)