24 hour time in ICal- bug maybe?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rlowery99, Jun 16, 2005.

1. rlowery99 macrumors newbie

I thought that in Panther one could see 24 hour time in ICal if your computer was set to 24 hour time. I am currently running 10.4.1 and i am not able to display 24 hour time in ICal. I contacted apple support and they are just as confused as i am. The person i spoke with said that half the office says it can be done and the half says it cant. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or have been able to display 24 hour time in ICal?

Thanks
    Rob

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Mine shows 24 hour clock in iCal and in the system bar.

I wonder if it's a peculiarity of US set-ups not to use it since most Americans don't.

3. rlowery99 thread starter macrumors newbie

work around

Thanks for the reply, i changed my system to UK and it also worked like you said. So i copied the format for UK time (13:00) or (13:00:00) and entered in the US time format and the problem is fixed.

The only downfall (if you can even call it one) it that now my international prefs now say custom and not US (no big loss)- LOL

thanks / Rob

4. rlowery99 thread starter macrumors newbie

apple reply

just got this back from apple-

I just received a response from Engineering and what you did is EXACTLY what they advised:

"The customer can have iCal display 24-hour time by going to the "Formats" tab in the International System Preferences and set it to a region that uses 24-hour time, such as the UK. He can then alter the date and currency settings to his taste."

Thanks for the response and I would say, yes...that's the 'bug'.