24 inch Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Antares, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

With Apple releasing the 24 inch iMac, do you think that they will also now release a 24 inch Cinema Display (i.e. replace the 23 inch one)? When do you think, realistically, the earliest this could happen?

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Why would they? Iit's the same resolution as the 23"...

The only possibility of it happening is if they can't iron out the pinking issue on the 23" (if it hasn't already happened). It just seems unlikely they would make a larger screen with the same resolution on the Pro monitors.

3. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

I think they should release a 24 in cinema display.

Next week would be fine :)

4. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I remember hearing that they fixed that a few months ago.

I do see larger monitors coming into the mix very soon though. I'm starting to think 23/24 inch is going to be the bottomline display, going all the way to up to who knows how big.

5. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Apple replacing the 23" ACD with a 24" version does seem like a possibility. But I kinda doubt it will happen any time real soon, the ACD were just recently updated. :)

7. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

8. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I have the same sort of decision to make, although slightly different. My two options are:

20" iMac (specs maxed out) + 20" ACD
    24" iMac (specs maxed out)

I can't decide which I like more. Even though I'm not a huge HD guy, that fact that the 20" ACD doesn't have HD is a bit of a bother to me. I do use a ton of Photoshop, Fireworks MX, and Aperture, though, so I'm not sure if two screens with all that screen space on my desk would be to my advantage. What makes it harder is that my two options come out to be pretty much the exact same price around $3,200.

Daniel.

9. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

GET the 24 inch iMac, it's got a better graphics card, and a bigger display, those are things that can not be upgraded. You can always buy another display to have dual displays so get the 24 incher.

10. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

You can now upgrade the GPU in the 24 "iMac, but then again the original imac could also have its graphics upgraded....and i also remember it was a very very expensive and fiddly operation.