24" is better than 17" -- it's here!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kixsand, Feb 14, 2007.

1. kixsand macrumors regular

kixsand

Okay...hopefully I have done this right. :)

I've attached a couple of pictures that I took as I set up the new 24" iMac last evening. I think it is interesting to see it next to my outgoing 17" iMac...I loved that computer...she just got a bit slow in the end. :(

It will find use elsewhere in our home -- either as an e-mail & internet browser in the kitchen or family room -- at least until my 3 and a half year old son takes it over.

I can't get over how nimble this new system is...just eats through any task I profer and never makes a sound!

Cheers,

Darren

Attached Files:

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Good luck with your 24 incher...mines great, love it!! :D

3. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

v'nice! what receiver is that? looks 'yamaha'ish'. and Polk bookshelf speakers :)

I have the same wallpapers! (rotating) from vlad

4. macbookprolover macrumors newbie

macbookprolover

hey i saw ur imac kitchen thingamabob. its sexy

5. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

Thanks, sexy is good. If only everything in this world was sexy eh? :cool:

Gotta love this 24" iMac though. I bet I could cram it in my kitchen! hahaha

-NO- :rolleyes:

fantastic!

6. kixsand thread starter macrumors regular

kixsand

The receiver is a Marantz...it used to do duty in my home theatre till it was replaced by a more powerful unit from NAD -- still a terrific piece of electronics though -- I've been looking for a Toslink adapter for the iMac so that I can make use of it's 5.1 capability. The speakers are from PSB...Canadian company...fabulous speakers.

I loved your kitchen adaptation of the 20" iMac...inspired me to find a spot in my home for the 17" iMac.

Thanks,

Darren

7. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

looks like I was double wrong on your gear! pretty cool that you demoted the equipment to your computer area though. Very cool. I have a set of cheapy logitech 5.1 speakers in my home office (with no decoding). I've put a pair on my desk, and a pair on the wife's desk (rears), and plugged them into the airport express so either of us can stream music to the speakers.

Id like to get my hands on a 2ch NAD for a small'ish make-shift audio studio I'd like to setup.

I've got Wharfedale and Yamaha in my cinema room.

Is there a cinema room thread? *ponder* :)

8. kixsand thread starter macrumors regular

kixsand

I originally had some friends that wanted to buy the Marantz off of me but I couldn't part with it. If you've got the space you really can't beat a decent amp and a pair of bookshelf speakers -- blows the doors off of any "computer speakers" you might buy.

I want to pick up an Eye TV Hybrid so that I can make use of OTA(over the air) High Definition Television to watch and record on the iMac.

darren

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

is that a water cooler on the right.....
    if so, that's awesome... don't have to go far for a drink.

10. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

I have an Eye TV for DTT, It's neat, but I rarely use it, it's good for free-to-air digital TV, but I find I just dont watch free-to-air these days (pay TV sucker).

It's good for stuff they dont air in pay TV, like certain sporting events, or shows.

and like puckhead said, neat water cooler!

11. kixsand thread starter macrumors regular

kixsand

You're likely right ... I won't use it enough to warrant the purchase...just think it would be cool. We have two pvr's in the house as it is...one HD and the other SD and we pay a fortune each month for all of the programming one could ever want.

It is a water cooler...and if you look closely it is dry and has been for about 6 months...I really must tend to that. :)

darren

12. JAT macrumors 603

13. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Sweet water cooler!

Should fill it with something other than water!

Beer maybe.... it will make your Mac experience so much better!

TS

14. kixsand thread starter macrumors regular

kixsand

I saw that adapter but was appalled by its inherent ugliness. I think that Belkin makes one that is much more handsome and likely costs $20 or something. I think I'd be more comfortable with that.:D

Seriously though...is that the adapter I want...has anyone used it and does it work?

I like the beer in the water cooler idea...could maybe strap a CO2 unit on the side of the thing...it could work.

Cheers,

Darren