25% off New iPod Touch! Woot!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DUDEMANGUY5, Sep 3, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2010
    I just wanted to inform the Midwestern U.S. People that it is actually VERY possible to get a new iPod Touch for 25% off.

There is a chain of stores in the Midwest called Meijer (If you have not heard of it) and they have usually once or twice a month a 15% off General merchandise day both for senior citizens and a day for Meijer Credit card users. I go through the Sunday paper each week to see the deals anyways so I get informed, quick... anywho,

Seniors can go on the senior discount day and open a credit card there, when you open a credit card, you save 10% off your first General Merchandise purchase, along with the 15% off you already get for shopping on that day. And Non-Seniors can go on the days its just for Meijer Credit Card Users.

At the very least, you can go with a grandparent or relative on the senior discount day and have them pick it up for you for 15% off (which is still $45 off the 32 Gig) or if you want to open a credit card there and get 25% off your first purchase, you can which I intend on doing that day. :D
  2. macrumors member

Feb 16, 2008
    I think I'll try this if I can find a Meijer around here with the new Touch. Nice idea!
  3. macrumors 6502a

Mar 9, 2009
    I think the combined discount would be about 20%. And note you will have to pay sales tax.
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2010
    Michigan: 25% off $300 would be $225 + tax would be a total of $238.50, still an awesome deal nonetheless... no shipping either even though most places have free shipping
  5. macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2008
    Thanks. And ANY discount on the price of a Touch is appreciated. I orders mine off Target.com using a 10% code. Every little bit helps.
  6. macrumors regular

Apr 24, 2010
    The east coast doesn't offer us this opportunity. At least not Philadelphia. :rolleyes:
  7. thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 8, 2010

Meijer had their Credit Card 15% off this past Sunday and Monday (the 5th and 6th of September) and They were not in stock yet :( So I guess I will wait a few weeks to get mine which might be a good idea so there will be cases released for them :p :)
  8. macrumors 6502

Sep 3, 2010
    Well to be fair the first apple stores will be getting them tomorrow, and as much as I shop at meijer, they are a pretty low tier apple reseller from my experience, and it takes them a decent amount of time to get new products in.