25% Sale on drives at Dell Small Business

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by photo-video, Oct 14, 2004.

1. photo-video macrumors member

Aug 24, 2004

I just bought the Maxtor 300 GB SATA Diamond Max 10 drive from Dell Small Business. I needed another drive for Final Cut Pro.

Right now Dell has an unusual 25% off all Storage and Drives and I've been eyeing this drive for quite some time. This is the cheapest I've ever seen it so I pounced on the deal.

For those of you who have been talking about the WD Raptor, it's currently $167

They also sell Lacie drives and they are 25% off as well. Great prices right now and the deal ends on October 20 although you have to pay shipping.
  2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    wow, thanks! i've been wanting a lacie FW ext. HD...

now i have to decide whether i want 160 GB or 80 GB...
  3. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    If Dell hadn't taken over the PC market we would never get deals like this. Those Lacie drives already come at a good price, knocking off 25% is a hell of a deal.

4. bdomz macrumors member

Sep 18, 2004
    yeah dell has some good deals lately. The Hitachi 7200 RPM notebook drive is 20% off right now, I just got mine this week. :)
  5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Now if they could get me a 300-400GB FW800 drive for about $10.... :D
  6. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    doesn't the buyer need to be a small business to qualify for this?

how strict is dell in enforcing this rule?

PM me if you don't want to publically post your, ahem, "experience" getting this deal out of dell when you may or may not have been "qualified" :p
  7. bdomz macrumors member

Sep 18, 2004
    Dell doesnt seem to care if you're a small business or not. You do have to supply a business name at checkout, just use your last name.