Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Yeah, I noticed that sadly after I upgraded. I will miss those rounded corners, but the rest of Leopard's awesomeness more than makes up for it.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I'd like to know why we lost rounded window corners but gained rounded menu corners. They're hideous!

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
I'd like to know why we lost rounded window corners but gained rounded menu corners. They're hideous!

I wanna know why we went from a minifridge looking mac to neon colored plastic. Why we went from neon colored plastic coated crt to a all white surrounding flat panel, why did we go from smooth looking white to all gray aluminum?

Probably evolution? I honestly don't even notice the rounded corners, nor do I boot into leopard and go "UGGGG I hate staring at those non rounded corners, this OS stinks!"

I'm not flaming you by far. Just making light of the situation.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I wanna know why we went from a minifridge looking mac to neon colored plastic. Why we went from neon colored plastic coated crt to a all white surrounding flat panel, why did we go from smooth looking white to all gray aluminum?

Probably evolution? I honestly don't even notice the rounded corners, nor do I boot into leopard and go "UGGGG I hate staring at those non rounded corners, this OS stinks!"

I'm not flaming you by far. Just making light of the situation.

Hehheh. No worries - I don't really care that much (it'd be pretty sad if I did!), I just found it an odd thing. I didn't notice them either until about a day ago in Safari, and now I see it all over the system. Overall the design is great, but I think it would be greater with square menus :cool: :) :D

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. Makes no sense...

If you want the rounded corners back in Leopard you can download and install this. It runs in the background and doesn't show up in the dock or under "Force Quit." Pretty nifty...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.